Volt-Host

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal
View Post
Their free servers do not affect their paid servers. Stop putting them down to make your host sound better. The owner has said before that the free servers are on a DIFFERENT node.
So what? they also claimed our server was the reason for their whole node being completely owned. After we switched servers we're completely DDoS free even though volt claimed we're the reason of the whole DDoS.
Fact is volt talked shit before investigating so we would possibly buy a dedicated server off them (profit $$$$$).
We're now completely lag, DDoS, and problem free. (with JiHost)

Have fun being asked to buy a dedicated server if you're the next reason why Volt is being DDoSed into eternity.

EDIT: Oh, and to crush your dreams of JiHost trying to put VoltHost into a bad light. I didn't have a single minute downtime on JiHost in a whole month, while VoltHost is down every third day. Figure yourself who's better. JiHost has all the right to claim that volt has problems. It's true.

I personally like Volt host best. As it got everything you need, and works good.

ya volt-host is the best host at the time and i have 3 servers in volt-host. all run good. no lag, low ping

volt host is very good. Nice restarts , no problems , good FTP Panel.

Volt-Host Is A Verry Good Server For Hosting Goto http://volt-host.com/free/ To Get A Free Hosted Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by [KING]Electronic
View Post
Volt-Host Is A Verry Good Server For Hosting Goto http://volt-host.com/free/ To Get A Free Hosted Server
Ye but there arent any free servers atm. Keep checking to get one..

If you had even seen the stuff we have been thru with volt for the past year pretty much, you would understand how bad it really is. If i could post all of my support ticket logs to you, i definately would. I would show you the disrespect and non compliance of their support, and just how terrible their service really is.

For someone who sells samp hosting to pretty much like 35% of the whole samp world, you think they'd offer DDoS protection on their servers, but they dont, its just a stock server sitting at a data center. I've never seen servers without atleast some kind of DDoS protection.

Now also my volt host account is suspended due to terms of service because i demanded my money back. Seriously 1 day and they shut my shit off after its been paid for 4 months for 2 servers? How would ya'll feel if that happened to you.

If you'd actually like to see just how horrible the support from Mark and MisterTickle is, don't hesitate to PM me! I'll definately show you what its like.

Double posted Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EthanR
View Post
So what? they also claimed our server was the reason for their whole node being completely owned. After we switched servers we're completely DDoS free even though volt claimed we're the reason of the whole DDoS.
Fact is volt talked shit before investigating so we would possibly buy a dedicated server off them (profit $$$$$).
We're now completely lag, DDoS, and problem free. (with JiHost)

Have fun being asked to buy a dedicated server if you're the next reason why Volt is being DDoSed into eternity.

EDIT: Oh, and to crush your dreams of JiHost trying to put VoltHost into a bad light. I didn't have a single minute downtime on JiHost in a whole month, while VoltHost is down every third day. Figure yourself who's better. JiHost has all the right to claim that volt has problems. It's true.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiney Rodricaz
View Post
If you had even seen the stuff we have been thru with volt for the past year pretty much, you would understand how bad it really is. If i could post all of my support ticket logs to you, i definately would. I would show you the disrespect and non compliance of their support, and just how terrible their service really is.

For someone who sells samp hosting to pretty much like 35% of the whole samp world, you think they'd offer DDoS protection on their servers, but they dont, its just a stock server sitting at a data center. I've never seen servers without atleast some kind of DDoS protection.

Now also my volt host account is suspended due to terms of service because i demanded my money back. Seriously 1 day and they shut my shit off after its been paid for 4 months for 2 servers? How would ya'll feel if that happened to you.

If you'd actually like to see just how horrible the support from Mark and MisterTickle is, don't hesitate to PM me! I'll definately show you what its like.
When my dedicated server went down (OS issue) it took TruckingWorld down with it. We temporarily moved to Volt-Host, and were instantly met with support tickets being almost immediately replied to (though there was only ever two(?)). Volt-Host is easy to setup (for me at least) and is brilliant in terms of stability and ping. I had no problems with Volt-Host on my short stay, and even being a new customer, I recieved better support than I did from my data-centre's old technician (who was eventually fired due to general incompetence) whom I had numerous contact with.

My recommendation, is hosting yourself through a VPS or even a dedicated server, though if you are to go for a hosting company, I would certainly recommend Volt-Host.

ServerFFS is expensive And volt-host really cheap and you can get free servers Tho

Volt-host Win, my opinion

Quote:
View Post

They aren't a hosting company who runs off of one server, they have 8 servers based around the world to offer the best speed and stability you can find around the SA:MP, Minecraft, Counterstrike, and Team Fortress 2 community. And i highly doubt they suspended your account due to demanding your money back. They would have the brains to know they can be sued for that, and being a highly used company, they wouldn't want to risk the chances.

I for one, am very pleased with there services and have recommended them to several friends thus far.

- Camacorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camacorn
View Post
They aren't a hosting company who runs off of one server, they have 8 servers based around the world to offer the best speed and stability you can find around the SA:MP, Minecraft, Counterstrike, and Team Fortress 2 community. And i highly doubt they suspended your account due to demanding your money back. They would have the brains to know they can be sued for that, and being a highly used company, they wouldn't want to risk the chances.

I for one, am very pleased with there services and have recommended them to several friends thus far.

- Camacorn
As i stated, we were with volt host when it pretty much first began. I know where all they have servers as i used to help MisterTickle when Mark left volt host back in the beginning of this year. Don't tell me they didnt suspend my account for demanding my money back as its suspended right now for that very reason. Maybe you should read up on their ToS. Yes it also states that the only refunds go back to your volt host account, well excuse me, suspended account 1 day after we move back from another hosting provider... We paid for 4 months in advance for 2 servers.

Also i dont think you'd like being told you are the REASON for their DDoS attack, when you leave their services and they are STILL being DDoSed.

Destiney,

Quote:
View Post
Also i dont think you'd like being told you are the REASON for their DDoS attack, when you leave their services and they are STILL being DDoSed.
Why don't you review the graph below before you make claims that you have absolutely no factual knowledge about.

Moving on...

a) We were not disrespectful towards you, quite the contrary:

Quote:

If you shut our server off, we will require a full complete refund to PAYPAL for our servers, both of them. If this does not happen i will pursue legal action against you as we just paid to have this up for 4 months yesterday. I don't give a shit what your TOS states.
b) Please consider the following point:

Quote:

Its also very easy to figure out which ip's are hitting the box and which ones are not. They are a constant connect/disconnect ip's... Trust me, i've ran servers before, i know what to look for.

Quote:

Maybe if you actually installed a damn firewall on your box instead of using iptables, this shit wouldnt happen so often. Its not the first time our server thru you guys has gone completely down to where we've switched to another host.

i) You do not install a firewall on a box. I do not think you understand how networking works.

ii) Firewalls would cost us tens of thousands of dollars. No SA:MP host has active firewall protection. JiHost to my recollection is hosted on a VPS by DomVPS inside OVH. If you know so much about hosting, I think you would also know that OVH, being again one of the largest hosting providers in the world, will also null route any IP that is being DDoSed. This is industry standard, it prevents unnecessary bandwidth overages (which for us would have ran into the thousands due to the attacks against your server).

We are the only host that provides fully progressive and automated DDoS protected game hosting as a custom hosting standard, however this is offered outside of our standard platform.

iii) After returning to our services, you caused two different IP addresses to be null routed by our D/C due to a DDoS over the magnitude of 1Gbps in less than a 24 hour periods.

c) If anyone is interested in the timeline here:

US-RP returned to Volt Host (This has happened probably 4 times now, they go to us, for some odd reason switch to a cheaper host, and then come back. The same thing happened with them and JiHost as well before they returned to us on November 10th, from our knowledge)

Anyhow, November 10th, they switched the server back online under the IP 64.120.22.141:7777. Around this time, we had just had a null route removed from a server which was situated on .142 of the same range that was DDoSed. The next morning, we received the following email from our provider in Chicago:

Quote:

...The purpose of this message is to notify you that your server at IP 64.120.22.141 has been the target of a large DDoS attack and has been blocked...

This is a routine email which we receive when an attack occurs in the UK, US or France. Since we host multiple servers on a single bound IP, there are multiple servers that can be attacked. At this time, we assumed that the attack may have been targeting the .142 server which was attacked prior and it may have just carried over to .141 (which is why we told Destiney we would wait earlier in the ticket).

We seized the US-RP server into our system account for monitoring, before this - Destiney switched over the server to the following address: 174.34.159.18:5450. According to our system, the log appears as:

"Server address changed to 174.34.159.18:5450
7:26am, November 12th/2011"

Shortly after at 12:00PM, we receive the following email from our datacenter:

Quote:

174.34.159.18 on your Chicago dedicated server was under attack. It has been null routed for the next 24 hours.

At this point, we told Destiney they had 3 options for their server, which are the options that we offer for all high profile clients.

a) Upgrade to a dedicated server in the US ($150)
b) Upgrade to a dedicated server in France ($95)
c) Upgrade to a DDoS protected server in the US ($450)

This is where things became a bit complicated. Destiney and Ethan had a rather childish over-reaction towards our statement, instead of working out terms (as our other clients who have been DDoSed in the past have done, rather peacefully), they were quick to question our knowledge in a field which we are experts, our practices and in general disrespect Volt Host as a whole. As a result of this, and naturally the violation of our terms, which they "do not give a shit about", their account has been suspended and servers seized.

d) Anyone reading this, please take the following into account.

Multiple servers running on the same IP addresses that were null routed were also taken offline. Is it fair for your server to go offline for a whole 24 hours just because you happened to be on the same IP as another client who cannot maintain acceptable community relations?

Sure, game server hosting is often filled with DoS attacks, which we handle without a problem. DDoS attacks are a different story. Even in the past, US-RP has always brought about DDoS attacks to our servers which have caused outages of magnitude 600Mbps+ for short and for sustained periods.

We do not feel that it is fair for the majority of our customers to have to suffer at the fault of a single community. If a community for any reason, cannot maintain fair relations or healthy competition, or is the target of DDoS attacks, they should not be hosted on a server where the majority of the other servers can maintain fair relations and do not often get targeted.

These "high profile" servers are we categorize them, can either be hosted on seperate nodes hosted by us, or can find another host. A DDoS attack that targets a specific server is unnecessary downtime to other customers.

Most SA:MP servers are NEVER DDoSed. In the past, we have hosted servers with over 250-300 players that have never had a DDoS attack. A DDoS attack is NOT a simple program which you open and type an IP into. A DDoS attack is illegal and requires alot of network capacity. To date, we have only had around 4 issues with targeted DDoS with any of the servers that we have hosted. They have all been either one-time deals at which point we allowed it to pass, or we have upgraded the users to protected hosting plans.

We have proven that our system works. Hence why we have hosted over 3,000 SA:MP servers to date. Users enjoy our services for the exact same reason, we don't allow for unnecessary downtime like this to occur.

If DDoS protection was that easy, eBay and Sony wouldn't go down when they get DDoSed either, but they do. The nature of a DDoS attack makes it nearly impossible to protect against, and anybody who knows the logistics behind such an attack will tell you the exact same thing.

Unfortunately in this case for US-RP and the supposed "problems" with our company, the stats line up with our story (this graph does not go above 1Gbps due to the point where it is monitored at):

Also JiHost: If you're going to advertise yourself, at least have some creativity in your adverts first. Kids these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
View Post
Destiney,

Why don't you review the graph below before you make claims that you have absolutely no factual knowledge about.

Moving on...

a) We were not disrespectful towards you, quite the contrary:

b) Please consider the following point:

... ...

i) You do not install a firewall on a box. I do not think you understand how networking works.

ii) Firewalls would cost us tens of thousands of dollars. No SA:MP host has active firewall protection. JiHost to my recollection is hosted on a VPS by DomVPS inside OVH. If you know so much about hosting, I think you would also know that OVH, being again one of the largest hosting providers in the world, will also null route any IP that is being DDoSed. This is industry standard, it prevents unnecessary bandwidth overages (which for us would have ran into the thousands due to the attacks against your server).

We are the only host that provides fully progressive and automated DDoS protected game hosting as a custom hosting standard, however this is offered outside of our standard platform.

iii) After returning to our services, you caused two different IP addresses to be null routed by our D/C due to a DDoS over the magnitude of 1Gbps in less than a 24 hour periods.

c) If anyone is interested in the timeline here:

US-RP returned to Volt Host (This has happened probably 4 times now, they go to us, for some odd reason switch to a cheaper host, and then come back. The same thing happened with them and JiHost as well before they returned to us on November 10th, from our knowledge)

Anyhow, November 10th, they switched the server back online under the IP 64.120.22.141:7777. Around this time, we had just had a null route removed from a server which was situated on .142 of the same range that was DDoSed. The next morning, we received the following email from our provider in Chicago:

This is a routine email which we receive when an attack occurs in the UK, US or France. Since we host multiple servers on a single bound IP, there are multiple servers that can be attacked. At this time, we assumed that the attack may have been targeting the .142 server which was attacked prior and it may have just carried over to .141 (which is why we told Destiney we would wait earlier in the ticket).

We seized the US-RP server into our system account for monitoring, before this - Destiney switched over the server to the following address: 174.34.159.18:5450. According to our system, the log appears as:

"Server address changed to 174.34.159.18:5450
7:26am, November 12th/2011"

Shortly after at 12:00PM, we receive the following email from our datacenter:

At this point, we told Destiney they had 3 options for their server, which are the options that we offer for all high profile clients.

a) Upgrade to a dedicated server in the US ($150)
b) Upgrade to a dedicated server in France ($95)
c) Upgrade to a DDoS protected server in the US ($450)

This is where things became a bit complicated. Destiney and Ethan had a rather childish over-reaction towards our statement, instead of working out terms (as our other clients who have been DDoSed in the past have done, rather peacefully), they were quick to question our knowledge in a field which we are experts, our practices and in general disrespect Volt Host as a whole. As a result of this, and naturally the violation of our terms, which they "do not give a shit about", their account has been suspended and servers seized.

d) Anyone reading this, please take the following into account.

Multiple servers running on the same IP addresses that were null routed were also taken offline. Is it fair for your server to go offline for a whole 24 hours just because you happened to be on the same IP as another client who cannot maintain acceptable community relations?

Sure, game server hosting is often filled with DoS attacks, which we handle without a problem. DDoS attacks are a different story. Even in the past, US-RP has always brought about DDoS attacks to our servers which have caused outages of magnitude 600Mbps+ for short and for sustained periods.

We do not feel that it is fair for the majority of our customers to have to suffer at the fault of a single community. If a community for any reason, cannot maintain fair relations or healthy competition, or is the target of DDoS attacks, they should not be hosted on a server where the majority of the other servers can maintain fair relations and do not often get targeted.

These "high profile" servers are we categorize them, can either be hosted on seperate nodes hosted by us, or can find another host. A DDoS attack that targets a specific server is unnecessary downtime to other customers.

Most SA:MP servers are NEVER DDoSed. In the past, we have hosted servers with over 250-300 players that have never had a DDoS attack. A DDoS attack is NOT a simple program which you open and type an IP into. A DDoS attack is illegal and requires alot of network capacity. To date, we have only had around 4 issues with targeted DDoS with any of the servers that we have hosted. They have all been either one-time deals at which point we allowed it to pass, or we have upgraded the users to protected hosting plans.

We have proven that our system works. Hence why we have hosted over 3,000 SA:MP servers to date. Users enjoy our services for the exact same reason, we don't allow for unnecessary downtime like this to occur.

If DDoS protection was that easy, eBay and Sony wouldn't go down when they get DDoSed either, but they do. The nature of a DDoS attack makes it nearly impossible to protect against, and anybody who knows the logistics behind such an attack will tell you the exact same thing.

Unfortunately in this case for US-RP and the supposed "problems" with our company, the stats line up with our story (this graph does not go above 1Gbps due to the point where it is monitored at):

Also JiHost: If you're going to advertise yourself, at least have some creativity in your adverts first. Kids these days.
Well Said! couldn't of said it better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColorHost-Kevin
View Post
Well Said! couldn't of said it better myself.
Agreed !

@iLinx

I would say PWNT (:P)

Also, I calculated DDoS protection as DDoS protection is like $72 (or something) a day (From a source in Voltage-Gaming), So it would cost up to $2160.

Yes, it would be wise to spend that much, but looking at the figures $2160, You go What?!

Volt Host is a great server hosting company, I would choose it if i needed Hosting (which i currently dont).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddy
View Post
@iLinx

I would say PWNT (:P)

Also, I calculated DDoS protection as DDoS protection is like $72 (or something) a day (From a source in Voltage-Gaming), So it would cost up to $2160.

Yes, it would be wise to spend that much, but looking at the figures $2160, You go What?!

Volt Host is a great server hosting company, I would choose it if i needed Hosting (which i currently dont).
Thank you, also, we were actually quoted more than that heh. As per our datacenters quotes, it would cost roughly $9,000 per node per year for 100Mbit DDoS protection. This amounts to $171,000 per year to protect all of our nodes.

To generate a breakeven cost for the DDoS protection at our current sale level, we would need to charge roughly $20.00US per game server slot - which I'm sure no body here would like to pay, I know I wouldnt! .