Do NOT Use ATM'S

Hello Guys.

Recently there was an alert in some states that there are atm's with a built in camera that was used to get peoples pins and credit card numbers. There is a whole FBI investigation now.. Do not use ATM'S. Go to the bank and use the machine there.

Damn.

Thanks for the heads up

Only in USA?

Please specify the location please because your location in your info didn't specify it.

People have been doing this for years and years.................. it's nothing new

This thing is actually quite old; heard about it 2 years ago in Estonia, haven't heard any cases since.

Be careful though, it's one sneaky way. It's not just a camera, they scan the credit card too.

I think I found my new job lol.

Back OT: I honestly thought people wouldn't be smart enough but as long as they don't take my money (god bless them if they do get my money - Ј1.03).

Sounds like a load of crap, tbh. The camera on an ATM is facing the person, not the machine (So away from the pin pad). And a camera "that looks like a business cardholder" is just something that was done on an episode of CSI...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Staff
Посмотреть сообщение
Sounds like a load of crap, tbh. The camera on an ATM is facing the person, not the machine (So away from the pin pad). And a camera "that looks like a business cardholder" is just something that was done on an episode of CSI...
He's talking about the device that gets put over the keypad and looks like it's part of the atm machine which has a camera and a scanner built in, the criminals then return to the atm at the end of the night and take off the device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norn
Посмотреть сообщение
People have been doing this for years and years.................. it's nothing new
I was going to say that.

In the UK certainly it's been a problem for a while although you would need to be fucking stupid or drunk to be card skimmed as the facias would probably look wrong.

Maybe the USA criminals are only catching up with the rest of the worlds criminal scumbags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
There is a whole FBI investigation now..
Be more dramatic plz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
Посмотреть сообщение
Go to the bank and use the machine there.
Those machines can still be (and most probably will be) targeted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Staff
Посмотреть сообщение
****** ATM Fraud or ATM card skimming. Have fun.