[Bash script]Install a new SA-MP server easily

Hello,

I wanted to share a small Bash script that made to easily install new SA-MP servers (latest version according to files.sa-mp.com).

Here's the link : http://pastebin.com/ZPGdQ8dn

How to install it
- Check if you have "Lynx", if not install it (apt-get install lynx on Debian, Ubuntu or any Debian based distro).
- Create a new file called samp_install.sh (or like you want) and paste the code in it.
- Make the file executable (by doing chmod +x samp_install.sh for example).
- Done.

Have fun installing SA-MP servers with one command !

Good one - pretty useful!

Ive looked over the code via mobile, like this very much, but must it need lynx ?
I like how the code is, very smart to use basic Apache to find it under current and file, really nice.
(wish I would of thought about that)

Is there another way to do this with our installing extra softwares ?
I'll research what lynx is, unfamiliar.
But really nice.
I'll take a crack at this when I get to my PC.

And I <3 Debian, nice to see I'm not lonely in SA-MP bistro world , +1 rep when I get home xD

Lynx is a command line web browser. I did it with Lynx because I had the package on my distro and it is easier to get the links of a website with it. But I think it's possible to do it with wget but I didn't searched how.

Off topic; I love ur photography, what's you toy specs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenshi
View Post
Off topic; I love ur photography, what's you toy specs.
I have a Canon 50D with a Canon 100mm Macro F/2.8 IS USM (lens), a Canon 17-85mm F/4-5.6 IS USM (lens), a Sigma 10-20mm F/3.5 (lens) and a Canon Speedlite 430 EXII (flash). And I will buy a Canon 70-200mm F/2.8 IS USM and a new camera body soon, I hope the Canon 5D Mk III will come out at the end of this year or beginning of next year.

----

And the way I found to use wget instead of Lynx is to save the web page to a file, get the link and then delete it. But I prefer the method with Lynx.