Host with DDoS protection?

I need a host with DDoS protection, is that anything you can get here on sa:mp?
Kids get angry about games now adays and start to attack your server, please reply back if you know good host with protection. Do not tell me to go to ServerFFS, they told me to find another place when I got attacked.

Hi,
there is none. What you can do is get a powerful dedicated server which will survive the attacks, ofcourse it all depends of the size of the attack.

Good luck.

No host can combat big attacks, its not possible.

I know hosts (including myself) that CAN combat the small stuff though.

There's no hostes that can stop a big attack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pistoL
Посмотреть сообщение
There's no hostes that can stop a big attack.
just shutting down the system(big lose of money, + support tickets asking what's happening,+ leaving clients from the host)

We've handled DDoS attacks pretty well at Volt Host.. We had certain servers which had enemies that had a big enough botnet to shut down the switch at the datacenter shutting off several other dedicated servers. Anything smaller we've held up without issues. Luckily those servers (or server) left our services so as long as you aren't making enemies with people from Brazil with huge botnets (which 99.9% of the time aren't being used by the person to attack SA:MP servers) If you have people like that which you know will attack you its actually respectful not to go with a gameserver provider although you'd have to have a large popular server and most of them have their own dedicated servers already anyway. If you are worried about an angry 14 year old kid with than don't worry.. It won't be an issue.

Good question, ls-rp and others big game servers have often many attacks but their hosts resist. I will like to know their hosting, their firewall, bandwidth, their price, for to help for a choice.

I once had a server on a host named LowHop. They are protected against little ddos attackts like noob booters that boot 2gb or something like that. But againts a big attackt you cant do shit with a normal host.

As Mentioned above some hosts can Resist against small attacks.
Usesually nobody bothers to send a BIG attack to take down a GAME SERVER.
Secondly
Hosts With Better Network speed like 1GBPS. Can Take cover on most of the attacks made on a game server

VPS with iptables <: