[Plugin] [REL] Textdraw Plugin V0.1a - BETA

Needs a streamer integrated in this, since 2024 textdraws isn't enough sometimes.

Great Job

I like new functions =)

hmm very nice, I suggest you to make:

MoveTextDraw(Text:id,Float:newX,Float:newY);

just a bit logic and it will be easy.

btw:
Quote:

Special thanks to:
- Gamer_Z
For what if I may know?

BTW if I get back to my laptop I will compile an .so for you guys, a.s.a.p.

nice

Can you add a "playerid" param to all functions ? For example if in TD_SetString parametr playerid will be set to another value then -1 the "textstring" will be only displayed to player with id in param "playerid"

I can't use it, but I have some Suggestion's:
pawn Code:
TD_Flash(Text:TextdrawID,Interval,Times);
TD_Move(Text:TextdrawID,Float:X,Float:Y,Float:Speed);
TD_Stop(Text:TextdrawID);
TD_Fade(Text:TextdrawID,bool:InOut,Float:Speed);

Good job iPLEO!

Please, add TD_FadeIn and TD_FadeOut

Lol Thanks you

Finally back from the inactivity.

Thank you for the replies. I'll work on the suggestions soon.

@Gamer_Z: Your Drift plugin gave me some tips to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuaTTrO
Посмотреть сообщение
nice

Can you add a "playerid" param to all functions ? For example if in TD_SetString parametr playerid will be set to another value then -1 the "textstring" will be only displayed to player with id in param "playerid"
If I do that, 4 Textdraws will take up 2000 slots because we need to create textdraws for each player. (In-case you have MAX_PLAYERS 500)
Take vehicles for example: If you set a parameter on a vehicleid, it will change for everyone.
Similarly, setting a textdraw string will change for everyone.

Conclusion: playerid parameter is possible but highly inefficient.

* Correct me if I'm wrong.

Can someone compile this for CentOS linux? Ask Gamer_Z, I have a epic idea in my mind rofl :P

Круто...

This is a TextDraw streamer?

Good Job ! I like the TD_GetString

nice job
And it's standard functions work faster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
View Post
I'm not convinced that's always a good thing, especially as you show every TD for every player after every update. If I decide to change the colour, background, and position all at once that will end up showing the TD three times to every player in quick succession.

For reference, y_td sets a timer after any modification unless the timer is already set. The timer is fired in the next server clock tick so that it comes after all modifications done in one chunk, but is short enough that you don't notice. The timer is what sends the modified data to the players, so that a group of modifications is only sent once. There also used to be an optional "update" parameter on every function which if "false" would not update at all for existing players. This used to manually specify which modifications should not send data as you weren't done yet. I removed it when I added the timer to automate the system, but it occurs to me now that leaving it might be good if they don't want a player to see the new data.

Also, why are some functions in bold?

Edit: Why do you hate spaces (and character constants)?
A short answer to all your questions would be that I was a noob back then. Since the release date, which is about 4 months ago, I've learned so many new things. I didn't really know how certain things affect another factor (like your explanation for updating attributes make the plugin update it thrice). And about spaces/charcter constants, I had some problems converting plugin strings which had a 'space' in them. And I don't remember why I made some functions into bold, maybe I was featuring them..

I find my release very outdated from my current experience, lol.

And obviously, your y_td is far better than this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******
Посмотреть сообщение
I didn't even notice the date! You should update this if you think you can improve it - would be good to see.

I'm not convinced it's "obvious" that y_td is better though (it might be, but there's little evidence at this point). And I like your use of "thrice".
Sure, I'll see if I can update this with new features, thanks.

And, have cookies thrice! ^_^

Image subjects to copyright of their respective owner(s) D:

i cant run Mode with this, it says File or function not found

Nice and very very very useful.

Linux source? Please