Wikipedia bug - anyone else?

Hi,

I recently experienced a annoying connection bug on Wikipedia. When i try to open an article from ******, i get the message: 'Internet Explorer has stopped working'. After that, a new tab opens with the message: 'This tab is recovered from a crash'* I've experienced this bug on two different PC's, one at the local high school and my own laptop. It's really annoying, cause i need Wikipedia for schoolwork. This only occurs at Wikipedia articles. Is this problem recognisable for someone?

Greetz,
Danny

* All my computers are Dutch, so this is only a rough translation.

For me it works fine.

maybe try another browser, did not happen to me though, maybe your ISP provides invalid packets?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer_Z
View Post
maybe try another browser, did not happen to me though, maybe your ISP provides invalid packets?
I don't think I and my school are using the same ISP, only a few people in the Netherlands have ever heard of it (it's Scarlet). Ofcourse it can be a coincidence, but the chance is really small.

I tried it on Chrome, and it worked, the bug was gone. But I want to keep using IE, i'm not familiar with ****** Chrome. Everything is working fine on IE, except for this. Do you think there's a fix for this?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...7-9ebe1cbede42

Do you use IE or I have heard wrong?

Clearly a malfunction of Internet Explorer thy shall delete windows.

No, but seriously, another browser should do the trick. (don't freaking use IE, it's even a pain to code for it let alone to use it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Danny-
View Post
Hi,

I recently experienced a annoying connection bug on Wikipedia. When i try to open an article from ******, i get the message: 'Internet Explorer has stopped working'. After that, a new tab opens with the message: 'This tab is recovered from a crash'* I've experienced this bug on two different PC's, one at the local high school and my own laptop. It's really annoying, cause i need Wikipedia for schoolwork. This only occurs at Wikipedia articles. Is this problem recognisable for someone?

Greetz,
Danny

* All my computers are Dutch, so this is only a rough translation.

Well there's your problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALpa # Gun
View Post
I used this link and i've put wikipedia.org on a Compability Mode list. Now it's fixed, thank you very much.