Absolutely Free SA:MP Servers

SA:MP has seen alot in terms of free game servers in the past. All turned out to be mainly un-reliable. Whilst there are an odd few who do host servers for free, there’s not a centralized place to get a server if you really cannot afford one (or just want to host a GF edit for a few friends essentially).

Over the past few months (being the only SA:MP host that actually offers a one-week long trial) we've seen alot of SA:MP users either abuse our trial feature or just open up trial accounts to test a script / play with a friends for an event for one weekend. Essentially this is not what we want, since it will clutter our paid server system (on top of all of the administration issues it brings along). To "kill two birds with one stone", ie: fix our clutter problem and give real free servers to SA:MP that actually work (not just by some kid who doesn't know how to install FTP on a 256MB VPS), we've decided to start offering this service ourselves.

This system has to be financially sustainable of course for it to be practical (we are a business after all), so there will be some drawbacks to the system, and for the first few months we will be back and forth in perfecting our business model for free servers. On the bright side, we are a business, so we're not going to disappear overnight. If our model works out, which we very well believe it will, we could just as easily host hundreds - thousands of free servers on our network with varying slots in the future. We have both the power and the expertise to do so at this time.

On the important end — your end — here’s what you’ll get at this time:

> 30 Free SA:MP server slots
> A lot of CPU time
> A lot of RAM
> Basically unlimited disk space (stay within our terms)
> Unlimited MySQL databases
> 2 Second Autorestarter
> The Volt Host control panel

Have we sold you? Get your server here http://volt-host.com/free/

Automated offsite backups and ticket support is not included at this time. We have a more-so full FAQ on our page. Here's the content quoted:

Quote:

Free servers? What's the catch?
No catch - the servers are absolutely free. There's ads, but that's because we need a way to be able to pay for the server operating costs.

I need help with my free server - what do I do?
Please use our free forums for assistance here.

Do you have an auto-restarter?
Yes, there is a centralized restarter for server sync running every minute and a local auto restart which will restart your server upon crash within 2 seconds.

I'm worried you're going to steal my script.
With over 2,700 game server accounts hosted in the past year, we've had absolutely 0 incidents with this type of issue. We're about as reputable as you'll get in SA:MP, especially for free hosting. If you're still worried, you should buy a dedicated server (dedicated servers).

Server specs? Do you host these accounts off a VPS?
Absolutely not. Servers in France are either i5 or i7 processor models (SuperMicro) with 16-32GB of DDR3 memory and standard file storage systems (SATAII Enterprise Grade, 7200RPM). British servers are either X3220 or i7 processor models with 8-16GB of DDR3 memory (Dell servers only) with RAID-1 SAS 15,000RPM file storage systems.

Are there any restrictions on my server?
Users are required to login once every 5 days to their server. If they do not do so, they run the risk of their free server being deactivated.

Can I get more than 30 slots?
Not at this time. We will be adding in ways to get extra slots in the future, however.

Can I upgrade my server to a paid server?
No, free servers and paid servers are hosted on completely different networks. To get a paid server, please order one.

Can you give me a free server for something other than SA:MP?
Not at this time, however we are looking into the viability of smaller Minecraft servers (128-512MB)

Do I still get backups with my free server?
Due to the volume of free servers, we cannot currently offer any type of offsite backup for free with that package. You can still back up your files yourself, however.

Have more questions? Feel free to ask here (or on our support forums).

PS: Anyone who considers this advertising, I asked dugi in advance on the SA:MP IRC.

PSS: R.I.P Steve Jobs.

Yay! volt-host

Wow that's an amazing offer.

Volt Thanks for awesome minecraft servers

I requested 2 by accident because the page went down, i refreshed and clicked on that link again.

And thanks !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurik
View Post
I requested 2 by accident because the page went down, i refreshed and clicked on that link again.

And thanks !
I set one of them to expire within 24 hours. Enjoy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterTickle
View Post
I set one of them to expire within 24 hours. Enjoy.
Hi MisterTickle.

This is a great idea. I have never seen your dashboard before but heard good stories about it and it is really nice. My question is: What happends when the server expires in 30 days? No way to expand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ca2k
View Post
This is a great idea. I have never seen your dashboard before but heard good stories about it and it is really nice. My question is: What happends when the server expires in 30 days? No way to expand?
The days won't actually decrease, 30 is just the default time so you have nothing to worry about

11 servers already claimed

NICE

wow man look at this its trail service

Quote:

Your server has been successfully setup by our system and is now ready for use, your server will expire in 30 days at 3:56am, November 5th/2011 (you can renew it in your servers control panel).

I have a problem, for some reason it tells me that it can't find my gamemode, server IP:91.204.210.30:7778

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampindia
Посмотреть сообщение
NICE
This probably "smashed" your signature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honest_Player
Посмотреть сообщение
wow man look at this its trail service
which you can renew, can't you?

is this just for 15 days?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ammo
is this just for 15 days?
From the e-mail I received:

Your server has been successfully setup by our system and is now ready for use, your server will expire in 30 days at 2:56am, November 5th/2011 (you can renew it in your servers control panel).
You can access the control panel for your server via www.volt-host.com/panel/servers/ or directly via www.volt-host.com/panel/server/2523/

i requested one and already cancelled it, just checking the time to create the server xD

You get a standard setup email since we still need to account for everything within our system, however the days on the server don't decrease (as I stated on the first page), hence why there is no renewal button or no dates on the server dashboard.

can i get +30 days in my server ? lol