Feedback request for my website

Hello guys, as some of you probably know, i like making website templates and programming my own CMS.

I own a personal blog called gamer93.net and i updated the layout several times, I am working very hard on getting more visitors (adding mod rewrite, setting meta tags etc) and i am also trying to improve myself on the design.
part since i am not very good in that.

So basicly what im asking is feedback on my current website layout and asking you guys for ideas/tips which will may get me more visitors and make the website more interesting for you guys.

Thanks for reading!

(website URL is in my signature)

Simple layout, pretty good for a blog.

Not bad, I do like simple layouts myself, that's pretty much the extent of my web design creativity as well haha!

Some tips:

* The bottom most box with text, it's bottom is literally sitting at the border line of my browser (FF 8 Beta), so
you just need to add some spacing, as the rest of the site top/left/right is not hard up against browser
window.

* In my browser window (I'm at a high resolution on a large LED screen though) there is a lot of empty space on
the sides, I can see that you hard set the width, maybe you can use a relative one? (not sure how it will turn
out in different resolutions).

This picture fading thing just under the navigation bar: When a picture fades out, it comes back for a split second then immediately changes to the next one. Using ****** Chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimR
Посмотреть сообщение
* The bottom most box with text, it's bottom is literally sitting at the border line of my browser (FF 8 Beta), so
you just need to add some spacing, as the rest of the site top/left/right is not hard up against browser
window.
True, i will fix this soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimR
Посмотреть сообщение
* In my browser window (I'm at a high resolution on a large LED screen though) there is a lot of empty space on
the sides, I can see that you hard set the width, maybe you can use a relative one? (not sure how it will turn
out in different resolutions).
Hmm yeah its a bit small (designed on a older monitor), i will might stretch it in the future but then i also have to redesign the images (stretching them will turn out ugly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
Посмотреть сообщение
This picture fading thing just under the navigation bar: When a picture fades out, it comes back for a split second then immediately changes to the next one. Using ****** Chrome
seems to happen only if you didnt visit the website before (if the images arent cached yet, it will load the old picture before swapping). Thanks for reporting

Yeah, make the images more width stretching friendly if possible.

With the nav bar, you can pre-load images before actually displaying them, ****** it up .

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer931215
Посмотреть сообщение
seems to happen only if you didnt visit the website before (if the images arent cached yet, it will load the old picture before swapping). Thanks for reporting
Confirmed as well, thanks .

Okay, got this now already on my to-do list:

Код:
*Make a new image slide (which preloads the images, AND doesnt fadeout/fadein but fades directly to the new image via jquery).
*Adjust website width to 900px (also designing new images for the image slider).
*fix the margin from the bottom
Any more suggestion/tips ? let me know!
Thanks all for the feedback

No worries.

With filling up the browser window on higher resolutions (width wise), I wouldn't worry about it too much.

It would be almost no problem at all to use percentages, except that you do have like the header image which stretching would be problematic for. But the rest could take it without any issues.

By the way, why don't you come to the dark side and join the Win32 API re-revolution and throw away that nasty .NET garbage :P.

The font is ugly at the navigation bar