Basics of starting a Roleplay script from new.pwn?

Hello, I would like to know what I should start with when making a roleplay script, As I am kinda confused
I aint asking "pls some1 krearte an script 4 me!" No no, I am asking what are the basics for starting an RP Script from scratch

Thanks
Seanny

If you have a look in the gamemode section on the first page is a blank script mybe try using that with the stuff in the tuts section.

Only start creating a new roleplay server if you know what you're really doing.
There are too many fail Rp servers out there, that are ran by dorks.
If you are going to start a new roleplay server, then you should start thinking of unique ideas, not copying the thousands Rp servers.

Well one of the first things you should making is the User Account System. If you want to go filebased use y_ini, if you don't know how to use y_ini there are tutorials on how to make a dialog based system in the tutorials section. Of if you want to go MySQL or SQLite based.

After that, your going to need an area where you want it. Once you've found that, find the place where you want the player to first spawn when they register. Find your police, fire, hospitals, etc buildings and set them up. Place some vehicles and add a few simple commands. And from there you got your base of an RP script.

If you need some more explanation on this, feel free to PM me. Just do NOT spam me.

P.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by [MWR]Blood
Посмотреть сообщение
Only start creating a new roleplay server if you know what you're really doing.
There are too many fail Rp servers out there, that are ran by dorks.
If you are going to start a new roleplay server, then you should start thinking of unique ideas, not copying the thousands Rp servers.
He has a point. If you can't do any of the following above, a Roleplay server is not in your best interests.

Would be good to make register, log-in, and local chat. Then do /me & /do, then your ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven82
Посмотреть сообщение
Well one of the first things you should making is the User Account System. If you want to go filebased use y_ini, if you don't know how to use y_ini there are tutorials on how to make a dialog based system in the tutorials section. Of if you want to go MySQL or SQLite based.

After that, your going to need an area where you want it. Once you've found that, find the place where you want the player to first spawn when they register. Find your police, fire, hospitals, etc buildings and set them up. Place some vehicles and add a few simple commands. And from there you got your base of an RP script.

If you need some more explanation on this, feel free to PM me. Just do NOT spam me.

P.S.

He has a point. If you can't do any of the following above, a Roleplay server is not in your best interests.
Would this be a good Start

Код:
1.User account System using Y_INI
2.Map Los Santos
3.Chose Newbie Spawn
4.Set Up Public Service Buildings
5.Place some Faction Vehicles
6.Make Basic RP Commands (ZCMD)
7.Make Admin System
8.Make Helper System
9.Set Up Car Rental System
10.Set up Car Dealership System
11.Set up Faction System

Forget "Unique" it's a naughty word now.

What you have is a good start, but it's like most RP servers. It's not a totally bad thing but you should consider taking those items and do a little re-imagining. Take the stuff people expect and add your own little flair. Personalize it so it stands out against the rest.

The 11. items are a good start but don't forget to include things so people won't get bored if things get idle. Think about jobs, or some kind of mini-mission set players can do on their own for those times when activity is low. If you don't know much about textdraws and dialogs make sure you do some studying up on those, they can make life easier for your players if done correctly.

But really if you want to start something new, just don't fall into the same trap everyone else does, do something different or unexpected, or you may get counted as one of those "thousands of RP servers" out there.

I know alot of rp server have this job but it is a very job and easy money making job "Pizza Boy" pretty simple to make or you can make ore advance ones if you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
Посмотреть сообщение

Код:
2.Map Los Santos
3.Chose Newbie Spawn
7.Make Admin System
8.Make Helper System
11.Set up Faction System
Would be a fantastic start. Remember, don't get frustrated if it takes some time to code this all. Scripting a Roleplay script isn't all that easy. Just like Rome wasn't built in a day. So far, you have gotten my point about everything i posted. Hopefully you'll be starting on this soon and you'll learn alot from coding a Roleplay server.

Good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanny
Посмотреть сообщение

Код:
2.Map Los Santos
3.Chose Newbie Spawn
7.Make Admin System
8.Make Helper System
11.Set up Faction System
There's an easy month down the drain for you lol patience is required defiantly.

My tip, add a bit of unique but it doesn't have to be unique just remember that.