Win7 OEM Question

I know that the OEM are mostly used for computers that are being distributed to costumers. But how about for someone building a computer. As far as I know OEM's are only allowed for their serial key to be used ONCE, and once you use it, its over.

But what if your motherboard fries out or your hard drive? Do you lose that Operating system forever, you are out $120?

Because I'm sure the regular full version of Windows7 is like $300-$350

Thanks for any help I receive.

oh and is there any huge difference between Home Edition and Professional version? There's a huge difference between price. Home=$200, Pro=$300.

the serials are always located on a computers/laptop back/case so you can just re-use them in case of reinstallation of the same OS.

if you want a comparision of windowses:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...oducts/compare

Hope I helped u.

I'm building the computer so it won't have that

OEM - Dont know what you mean anyhow

I'm using windows 7 and when you fry a motherboard the system stays on the hard drive.

Anyhow most if not all OS use a online server to take the old PC user out of action and activate it on yours.

Hope I helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolumadd_
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm building the computer so it won't have that
Well then if you sell your pc to somebody you need to give the serial to the person, because if you sell it with the operating system it belongs to the person.

Maybe buy some PC's and upgrade their hardware? then they at least will have suck a back stricker with serial info etc..

also if you make an agreement with your customer you can say it's only one install for one pc and you won't give the serial or sumthing..

You can probably buy OEM versions of Windows in batches if you're a computer repairer or something, at a discounted price (they come in thin cardboard boxes). Every version/disc may only be used once, the sticker with the serial that comes with it must be sticked on the computer's case and you must supply the customer with the actual disc.

I know about this, If you ever sell your computer, Or it breaks you may call microsoft to get a new copy. It may not work everytime, So keep calling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Посмотреть сообщение
You can probably buy OEM versions of Windows in batches if you're a computer repairer or something, at a discounted price (they come in thin cardboard boxes). Every version/disc may only be used once, the sticker with the serial that comes with it must be sticked on the computer's case and you must supply the customer with the actual disc.
Or make a recovery partition so you won't have to put money into DVD's :P
then you need only to buy serials. and supply them on the case with the recovery partition along.