Help with a /engine command.

Hello,

Currently I have a simple toggle variable (0-Off, 1-On) for engine which is toggled when /engine is written by a player.

In this same toggle portion, I use GetVehicleParamsEx and SetVehicleParamsEx with the only difference being the engine portion is either 0 off or 1 on (to actually start and stop it).

However there are issues such as the character automatically trying to turn the engine on when entering the vehicle (but not actually doing it) and if I turn the vehicle off, exit the vehicle, enter it again and /engine, it will freeze the player and not allow keyboard input (like what that TogglePlayerControllable does).

Is there anyway to stop these little bugs, and/or is there callbacks etc where I should be re-calling Get/Set to ensure it doesn't try to change them?

Can you show the code pieces, so we can try to 'fix' the problems?

It wouldn't be relevant.

if you type /engine and engine is on then SetVehicleParamsEx(blah blah toggle engine off)
else SetVehicleParamsEx(blah blah toggle engine on)

That's all I do aside from messing with a crap load of internal variables (no relevant and won't effect).

Can u explain it once again, i dont really get the problem now.

pawn Код:
static
    bool: engine[ MAX_VEHICLES ] // i wouldnt use char arrays here, vehicle are about 2000++
;

public OnVehicleSpawn( vehicleid )
    return engine[ vehicleid ] = false;

COMMAND:engine( playerid, params[ ] )
{
    engine[ GetPlayerVehicleID( playerid ) ] = ! engine[ GetPlayerVehicleID( playerid ) ];

SetVehicleParamsEx( GetPlayerVehicleID( playerid ), engine[ GetPlayerVehicleID( playerid ) ], -1, -1, -1, -1, -1 ); // Dunno arguments >.>

return 1;
}

Hmmm I managed to fix the random bug but I do not know how , must be just one of those things.

Thanks for the info Basicz.

pawn Код:
CMD:engine(playerid, params[])
{
    if(GetPlayerState(playerid) != PLAYER_STATE_DRIVER) return 1;
    new variables[7], vehicleid = GetPlayerVehicleID(playerid);
    GetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, variables[0], variables[1], variables[2], variables[3], variables[4], variables[5], variables[6]);
    if(variables[0] != VEHICLE_PARAMS_ON)
    {
        SetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, VEHICLE_PARAMS_ON, variables[1], variables[2], variables[3], variables[4], variables[5], variables[6]);
    }
    else
    {
        SetVehicleParamsEx(vehicleid, VEHICLE_PARAMS_OFF, variables[1], variables[2], variables[3], variables[4], variables[5], variables[6]);
    }
    return 1;
}
Next time use WIKI to read all about function
Vehicle parameters have 3 states

#define VEHICLE_PARAMS_UNSET -1
#define VEHICLE_PARAMS_OFF 0
#define VEHICLE_PARAMS_ON 1

If you mean me, I know all the states without the wiki, being a programmer the states are obvious assuming good practice was followed, SA:MP being as good as it is, I was right about that.

It wasn't the function causing an issue, it was simply a minor mistake that took some time away from the problem
to realize (don't you just love those problems!). So in short it was an error on my part that slipped through.