RP Severs Declining? Trucking Servers Rising?

Hello, Correct me if I'm wrong but I am Starting to get the felling that RP Servers are on their Decline and that Trucking Servers are taking over, Post your comments

Not only trucking servers, many more. But yes, RP servers overall are declining.

Rise of RP: PEN1 -> modded by FeaR to The Godfather -> few decent servers -> flood of wannabe RP servers + only few unique ones
Rise of trucking: Polish servers -> Truckmania -> Convoy Trucking -> PowerPC recreates TM with few new features and makes it public -> flood of wannabe servers + only few unique ones

seems similar, but trucking is too narrow gamemode to become really popular like RP [even C'n'R or Minimission gamemodes aren't so popular, maybe due to hegemony of main, unique servers]

There's hundreds, maybe even thousands of roleplay servers, that are occupied with players already, so that's why you're not getting any players.

I don't see how truck servers are rising at all. Most of them have under 70 players! I'm playing at a DM server and it used to have about 150-400 players a day (sometimes even more). Now, it has like 60-150! So roleplay/trucking/etc is actually raising.

I haven't really been paying attention.

I have seen a sudden increase in wannabe trucking server though. I think RP is slowly declining because of the lack of people wanting to have anything to do with GF and its edits.

look at the gamemodes section, hundreds of RP + Trucking scripts (like flooding lol)

I'm glad something new is being brought up instead of roleplay.

God has answered my prayers!

I disagree, I base my decision off the advertisements. I only see a couple trucking ads and hundreds of roleplay ads.
I don't believe that trucking servers will ever make a rise, maybe you'll only see a couple every now and then, but to take over roleplay servers, its ridiculous just thinking about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaS
Посмотреть сообщение
look at the gamemodes section, hundreds of RP + Trucking scripts (like flooding lol)
Hundreds of RP + Trucking scripts? I see hundreds of roleplaying scripts and only 4 trucking scripts...

stunt servers are declining too
:S

What happens in one of these `Trucking scripts`?
What do players do?

I find the concept fascinating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael
Посмотреть сообщение
What happens in one of these `Trucking scripts`?
What do players do?

I find the concept fascinating.
You drive around in trucks picking up and delivering trailers while abiding by some laws e.g speedlimit and driving on the right, this has got a slight CnR feeling to it.

Would anyone agree that DM servers are on the rise?

I think we need a few more server types.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullmuncher1337
Посмотреть сообщение
i think they arent
only really unique dm servers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
He answered mine too.

There are about 4000 RP servers, 3970 of em are GF edits, 90% are empty, and 30 unique...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullmuncher1337
Посмотреть сообщение
Until a few select bugs (reload bug cough cough) gets fixed, I doubt DM servers will gain much more of the SA:MP population. That bug is basically destroying it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
You are so right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
You drive around in trucks picking up and delivering trailers while abiding by some laws e.g speedlimit and driving on the right, this has got a slight CnR feeling to it.
Not just trucking. Different classes like police giving tickets, buslines, minimissions (firetruck, ...) etc
My signature FTW

Also you see most of them rising as they use PowerPC's or any other DOWNLOADED gamemode.
Luckily Truckmania is one with unique (selfmade!) script.

That's a good thing.

Most of the RP servers are ran by 12 year olds and the finally realized they can't get by. Lol, No, only kidding, all though sometimes that is the truth, but anyways, SA:MP only needs a few RP servers. As with that, those RP servers need to be professional and serious about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed-
Посмотреть сообщение
That's a good thing.

Most of the RP servers are ran by 12 year olds and the finally realized they can't get by. Lol, No, only kidding, all though sometimes that is the truth, but anyways, SA:MP only needs a few RP servers. As with that, those RP servers need to be professional and serious about it.
Although I have To Admit, I am only 14 years old, But I really care for my server and I am trying to fix some bugs which I am Finding (Hard as hell). But I feel i'm getting on well, And I agreem RP Servers are slowly Declining and Trucking Servers are on the Rise (Slowly).