[POLL] Donation VS Shop`

Well this is a questions for everyone, What do you prefer? Donating to server or Buying in-game (I know shop a.k.a buying in game items is very gay). But what do all players prefer? Because donation money is very important for paying the host, domains and web and all development team and keep it alive and develop the community, So how do you think will fetch more money? Every extra buck contributes to the development of community

Well some SA-MP servers give you some packages for each donation you do. Some give houses, cars, businesses etc. And there are levels for the donators according to the donation too!

Well I used to have a RP server with donating system: each donation we gave players "Donator" rank in-game and some money.
From my experience I can say that if you add some "donation items" players would donate more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anzipane!
Посмотреть сообщение
Well I used to have a RP server with donating system: each donation we gave players "Donator" rank in-game and some money.
From my experience I can say that if you add some "donation items" players would donate more.
YEAH! Same here, donating items, ranks etc encourages a player to donate!
This is an example donating ranks given by a server.
Код:
Donation Packages

Bronze - 3.00 EUR (ROLEPLAY)
you will get:
50.000$ in game
a license of your choice
and a car of your choice
you will get the title donator at the forum

Silver - 5.00 EUR (ROLEPLAY)
you will get:
250.000$ in game
2 licenses of your choice
a car of your choice
and a medium house of your choice

Gold - 10.00 EUR (ROLEPLAY)
750.000$ in game
3 licenses of your choice
a car of your choice
a large house

Platinum - 35.00 EUR (ROLEPLAY)
7.500.000$ in game
all licenses
2 cars of your choice
a very large house
a business of your choice
you can be leader of a gang/maffia (*)
hope you get the point and an example of doing it

Depends..

If it's for a roleplaying server: Just donate & nothing
If it's for a stunting server: Shop (or donate and get money :P)

Because:
for a RP server, it's not really realistic to get stuff if you pay real money..
for a stunt server, you don't have realism..

Honestly, it is better just to have people donate and then perhaps receive a forum title as "donor." Especially for role play servers, you don't get free cars, houses, etc. just for donating somewhere...

Its not a rp server, Its TDM, So shop i better i guess from the comments and the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
Its not a rp server, Its TDM, So shop i better i guess from the comments and the poll
Do this:
Make a /shop system and make the prices of the objects high and then demand for a donation for some cash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
Honestly, it is better just to have people donate and then perhaps receive a forum title as "donor." Especially for role play servers, you don't get free cars, houses, etc. just for donating somewhere...
I totally agree with you here .
It is just painfull to donate and get free cars,houses,bizzes while someone worked some months for that.
It would be just unfair from the Server Management to let something like this happen.
Ofc im talking about a RolePlay server.

If you want to get money from your server,you should let the players donate because they like the server and they want to help you with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourceCode
Посмотреть сообщение
for DM servers it's important not to give donators more power than other players.
that's just unfair to the others players and these might leave :/

So if they donate you shouldn't give them stronger weapons which they'd get a lot later or even other players totall< aren't possible to get and stuff.