disscussation about C++

hey guys... id never had experience in programming... i just know something like converting numbers to 01 and includes...
i asked lots of programers they said start from C++...i wanted to know is it hard?! does it need much time to learn?

Everyone has a different learning difficulty, so how difficult you find something to learn is simply up to you. C++ is one of the harder languages out there, I would suggest getting started with something more basic, so you get the basic fundamentals of programming. Once you have the basic fundamentals of programming, then all you need to know to write in any language is the syntax and the documentation of the functions available. It's important to understand what everything you're writing is doing, not just know what to write and where to write it without getting errors.

With that said, you need to have an interest in it and you need to have the ability to solve problems yourself, if you can't solve problems yourself or rely on others to help you all of the time, you're not going to be a very good programmer. You also need to train algorithmic problem solving skills, as that is a crucial skillset to getting into the programming mindset. Patience is also crucial.

There are loads of tutorials on the internet and ******* so use them to help you.

C++: A Beginner's Guide, Second Edition
and
Beginning C++ Through Game Programming

Easy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sina-MJ
Посмотреть сообщение
hey guys... id never had experience in programming... i just know something like converting numbers to 01 and includes...
i asked lots of programers they said start from C++...i wanted to know is it hard?! does it need much time to learn?
C++ isn't difficult, unless you don't have a basic understanding of the syntax. Your main priority and focus if you are truly dedicated to learning this language should be reading.

ok discussion and... i know math and english... i like to learn it too because my job will be programming gonna start from today

Yes, C++ is very hard, tried it out myself, then throwed everything to hell, not learning C++ anymore, too confusing.

If you have some PAWN knowledge, you have a main base of learning C. PAWN is based on a language called SMALL C. If you have some C knowledge, you can start learning C++. In my case, my first programming language was qBasic, which I learned at school. After that I started learning PAWN and C. Now I have some pretty basic C++ knowledge. I can make an application with buttons, and some popups when you click a button NOT using Window Form thing, it makes stuff easy as hell.

Also, a really important thing is to sleep at least 8 hours per day in order to renew your brain cells. Try studying after 5 hours of sleep and after 10 hours of sleep. You will see a huge difference. You will eventually learn C++ easier if you sleep more.

Also, math knowledge helps a lot too! Most programming languages do are math operations.

EDIT: forgot to mention, you also need a good compiler. I'd suggest you to use DevC++.

im using visual studio compiler how is it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
If you have some PAWN knowledge, you have a main base of learning C. PAWN is based on a language called SMALL C. If you have some C knowledge, you can start learning C++. In my case, my first programming language was qBasic, which I learned at school. After that I started learning PAWN and C. Now I have some pretty basic C++ knowledge. I can make an application with buttons, and some popups when you click a button NOT using Window Form thing, it makes stuff easy as hell.

Also, a really important thing is to sleep at least 8 hours per day in order to renew your brain cells. Try studying after 5 hours of sleep and after 10 hours of sleep. You will see a huge difference. You will eventually learn C++ easier if you sleep more.

Also, math knowledge helps a lot too! Most programming languages do are math operations.

EDIT: forgot to mention, you also need a good compiler. I'd suggest you to use DevC++.
wish they taught us that in school too