[FilterScript] PPC_Housing

I'll try to do the same.
I'll remove my admin script (so the housing script won't connect to it) and test it out.

Did you create the folder PPC_Housing in your scriptfiles folder?
If you didn't, the command will not give that error but it will crash your server.

Have you got all plugins installed properly?
Did you also restart the server?
Don't add the .pwn in your filterscripts, it works without that as the server will load the PPC_Housing.amx.

EDIT: Just removed my admin script so I don't have the admin-level status and the housing script would be forced to use internal admin-checks (use RCON admin status).

Without logging in as rcon, the command gave me SERVER: Unknown command as it should.
After logging in as RCON admin, the command worked normally.

Does your server-console have these lines in it:
Code:
----------------------------------------
PPC Housing filterscript initialized
Houses loaded: xxx
----------------------------------------
Where xxx is your amount of houses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPC603
View Post
That would mean a few extra variables for every vehicle (to hold the vehicle-name and the ID of the 3DText).
And alot of extra code, requiring you to add code in 50% of all the housing-functions and dialogs.
Also extra housemenu-options should be added to edit your vehicle's name etc.
ok can u show me how it will look like and where i should add it into

Thanks

hi anychance you can make me a evict command for rcon admin only so i can evict players from houses that are inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LHT]Bally
View Post
hi anychance you can make me a evict command for rcon admin only so i can evict players from houses that are inactive
To clear their ownership-status of the house?
That would be a good idea.

EDIT: NEW VERSION uploaded.
This new version has the /evict command. It can be used by RCON admins and level 5 admins.

Just stand near the house you want to evict and use the command.

If the owner is online, he'll be informed.
All vehicles assigned to the house are deleted.
The ownership of the house is cleared and it can be bought again.

yes thats what i meant ty so much , i have some good ideas for this but i will pm u them

New cmd is great
But what exactly did u add, because i cant just replace the amx. With the new amx. Since i customized the housing system to communicate with my server?

It looks good...

Quote:
Originally Posted by knackworst
View Post
New cmd is great
But what exactly did u add, because i cant just replace the amx. With the new amx. Since i customized the housing system to communicate with my server?
Only the /evict command was added.

In the future (when the gamemode is rewritten), the housing script will hold some extra functions too for remote communication.
So this script will grow too in time.

When my gamemode V2 is complete (which also requires me to edit the housing script by adding remote functions), the newer version of the housing script will be supplied with the gamemode.

Of course, the new version of this housing script will also made public in this thread.

And there will be some extra features too when it\'s ready.

Also an upgraded version of the speedometer script will be available, which already has received an upgrade.

Speedcamera\'s have gotten an extra feature, every camera now has a 3DText to inform the players about the maximum speed. right now, all you see is a speedcam, but you don\'t know at what speed it will give you an extra star.

Of course, the newer version will also made public in that thread as well.

I'm going to use this, damn this is nice!

HI , I have a good question, it is possible When a player quit from server his cars remain loaded ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredelfredel
View Post
HI , I have a good question, it is possible When a player quit from server his cars remain loaded ??
Yes, but it\'s not recommended for servers with a large player-base.

On top of the script, you\'ll find:
pawn Code:
// Setting this to "true" will load all vehicles assigned to houses when the filterscript loads
// Setting this to "false" will load the vehicles assigned to a house when the house-owner logs in (they\'ll also disappear when he logs out)
// Recommended setting for popular servers (with alot of players): "false"
// In popular servers, the amount of cars could go over the samp-limit (2000), bugging everything when all cars stay loaded
new bool:LoadCarsDuringFSInit = false;

The comments are a bit vague, but it means:

- Load all house-vehicles during initialization of the script (while the houses are being loaded) and spawn them

- Also keep them loaded when players logout

The comments explain what could happen if you use this feature.

Picture this:

- you have 500 players (accounts) on your server (which is not much)

- all players have 2 houses (which also isn\'t much, I have this set to 20 on my test-server)

- each house has 5 vehicles assigned to it (max per house would be 10 for a level 10 house, so also not that much)

Then the total amount of cars = 500 players * 2 houses * 5 vehicles = 5000 cars.

BUT the samp-limit is only 2000, and cannot be expanded.

So, players have bought 3000 cars too many, which never appear.

Guess what will happen to your player-base?

They will leave because they think your server is bugged (they bought a car but never got to drive it).

So, use that setting with extreme caution.

It\'s only recommended for local servers, or servers with only a few players (less than 100).

Or you can create static houses with a slot-count of 2 (fixed amount of carslots) and only allow one house per player.

Then it\'s easier to have more than 100 players.

Quote:
View Post
this is better than garhouse imo
Nope, This doesn't beat garhouse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetaLaxx
View Post
Nope, This doesn't beat garhouse!
it does beat it by far thats my opinion tho . not going to have a debate on the guys thread tho

i never said garhouse wasnt good.

yeah ppc it works thnx bro i really like ur system xd if u want to just come to my server 217.18.70.146:7777 ow and btw i know the server of ur friend thimo european trucking xd im only banned from there xd
but i have a drift server xd

When I type /housemenu and click the options, none of them work? When I try to click on one it doesn\'t do anything.

Quote:
View Post
it does beat it by far thats my opinion tho . not going to have a debate on the guys thread tho

i never said garhouse wasnt good.
Depends on what you look after; Your housecar thing is much better than in mine though, I can admit that.

However, my house system supports editing most of the things in game (creating new house interiors for example, while yours dont). I guess we could argue about it all the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentBacon
View Post
When I type /housemenu and click the options, none of them work? When I try to click on one it doesn\'t do anything.
Do you have a "return 1;" somewhere in your gamemode or other filterscripts in the OnDialogResponse callback?

That would explain why the dialogs don\'t respond to anything.

In every filterscript, you need "return 0;" in the OnDialogResponse callback.

Otherwise the server will only process the first filterscript\'s dialogs and then it stops, as the server thinks that all scripts have been processed.

It\'s all explained here: https://sampwiki.blast.hk/wiki/OnDialogResponse

Quote:
Originally Posted by [03]Garsino
View Post
Depends on what you look after; Your housecar thing is much better than in mine though, I can admit that.

However, my house system supports editing most of the things in game (creating new house interiors for example, while yours dont). I guess we could argue about it all the day.
Yes, my script has fixed house-interiors, hardcoded in the script. That won\'t change.

But I\'m also not trying to compete with yours either.

I\'ve seen a tutorial how to create houses about 9 months ago and started writing my own housing system.

I\'ve tested some interiors, but some are bugged (like the house where you needed to save the girl from fire in single player game). This interior has some missing textures and collisions.

I\'ve just taken 10 interiors that worked without bugs and hardcoded them.

I like to create everything myself, as I found out other people\'s code can be hard to follow and most of the time, bugs are present, which are hard to fix too if you can\'t follow the coding system of someone else.

I\'m not saying your script has bugs in it (I\'ve never tested it).

Quote:
View Post
Yes, my script has fixed house-interiors, hardcoded in the script. That won\'t change.

But I\'m also not trying to compete with yours either.

I\'ve seen a tutorial how to create houses about 9 months ago and started writing my own housing system.

I\'ve tested some interiors, but some are bugged (like the house where you needed to save the girl from fire in single player game). This interior has some missing textures and collisions.

I\'ve just taken 10 interiors that worked without bugs and hardcoded them.

I like to create everything myself, as I found out other people\'s code can be hard to follow and most of the time, bugs are present, which are hard to fix too if you can\'t follow the coding system of someone else.

I\'m not saying your script has bugs in it (I\'ve never tested it).
My house interiors were hardcoded into the script too. But then I made them dynamic after figuring how. A lot of bugs have been present in my script and I believe that no script will ever be bugfree.

Quote:
View Post
You can change the color by going to a tuning shop.
For vehicles that are not accepted by a tuning shop, it's not possible (yet).
You can change car colour and car paint job