SA-MP 0.3d RC client/server (now released)

Are there any changes to hitboxes and damage? In 0.3c I'm finding, as well as some others I've spoke to, that if they're in a server where their ping is 200 - 300 they don't need to lead aim against someone who is 50 - 100 ping. Whereas the guys who are 50 - 100 ping need to leadaim really far.

This has only happened since 0.3 so I'm wondering if the aim is to make it like MTA where you aim at the skin, or if the leadaim can be fixed so that high pingers don't have such an advantage.

I think this has been discussed before, leadaim makes samp specific to it's purpose and it's probably the reason most of the players interested in "DM" play it, the sync is a little faster in 0.3d but easy to adjust to if you play it for a while, I would say the leadaim requires you to aim maybe a little further if not less but of course thats normal considering the gameplay is faster.

Agreed. If SA-MP's aiming is the same as MTA, I think most of the deathmatch player will go there.
If you really want to have such aiming in SA-MP, check this out: https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=290081

IMHO the pause menu should break all the keyboard input into the engine and let the game sort it like it was normal situation (vehicle slows down gradually etc.), still sending the client data to server, but I think with default pause behaviour it's kinda impossible (eg. the retarded mod has its own menu/map/options instead of default pause)
It would be much better than the previous solution that made vehicles stop at once, causing grief (like ability to evade pursuit by pausing before cliff wasn't enough...) and being totally unrealistic

The Y and N Button are in german the Z and N Button ,really funny...

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
That's what we want for the pause menu, I don't know how the pause menu currently works for SP exactly but I'm pretty sure it does break all input, stops music, physics engine, various timers etc.

All SA:MP has to do is just stop input and show the overlay, without interrupting client/server communication or the game functions like sound/movement etc
The old menu was better than the changed one, just because everything can be restored after returning to the game. You can't restore vehicle's velocity for the changed version of the menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
Посмотреть сообщение
That's what we want for the pause menu, I don't know how the pause menu currently works for SP exactly but I'm pretty sure it does break all input, stops music, physics engine, various timers etc.

All SA:MP has to do is just stop input and show the overlay, without interrupting client/server communication or the game functions like sound/movement etc
Have to agree. In case, i may think Kalcor have skill to do this, but something has happened that Kalcor stopped to fixing it. ; /

I'm extremely hoping that it will be included in future releases (maybe RC's or final release).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mozz
Посмотреть сообщение
I think this has been discussed before, leadaim makes samp specific to it's purpose and it's probably the reason most of the players interested in "DM" play it, the sync is a little faster in 0.3d but easy to adjust to if you play it for a while, I would say the leadaim requires you to aim maybe a little further if not less but of course that's normal considering the gameplay is faster.
The lead-aim has completely changed though, I've never had problems with lead aim, or dodging other peoples shots. Since the sync was changed, players with higher pings are able to hit low pingers much easier than low pingers are able to hit the higher pingers. I was playing in a server where my ping was 60~ and asked a guy with 200~ ping to show me how far in front of me he aims, he showed me and it was really close. Then I asked someone with 150~ ping to do the same, and they said the same place.

The way it used to be was, if I had 200 ping and was fighting a 60 ping, I'd need to lead-aim against them as if they were a 190 - 220 pinger, around the same distance they'd need to lead-aim on me.

Now though, if im in a server where my ping is 200~ i can hit a low pinger really really easy, just by aiming a little in front, the same distance i would if i was playing with a 60 ping and fighting someone with a 60 ping.. It makes too easy, and it's challenging anymore.

I think that's pretty much more related to the latency rather then the whole "lead-aim" thing but I guess that's just how samp is, and since your opponent is moving faster the lead aim will continue with it.

Can't wait for final release. Foken awesome..

crash OnPlayerClickMap !!! on RC9-3 version

PHP код:
//I try:
public OnPlayerClickMap(playeridFloat:fXFloat:fYFloat:fZ)
{
    if(
IsAnAdmin(playerid))

SetPlayerPosFindZ(playeridfXfYfZ+90);

return 
1;
}
//and
{
    if(
IsAnAdmin(playerid)) return SetPlayerPosFindZ(playeridfXfYfZ+90);

return 
1;
}
//stock IsAnAdmin is \/
stock bool:IsAnAdmin(playeridrank 0)
{
    if(
rank) return true;
    return 
false;

PS:
PHP код:
// This simple code \/ and crash
{

SetPlayerPosFindZ(playeridfXfYfZ+90);

return 
1;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Dreamer
Посмотреть сообщение
//stock IsAnAdmin is \/
PHP код:
stock bool:IsAnAdmin(playeridrank 0)
{
    if(
rank) return true;
    return 
false;

This will always return false if called with IsAnAdmin(playerid);

About the crash, try the crashdetect plugin. Also try not to add 90 to fZ.

Edit: server or client crash?

Yes! I thought it was only me that had the crash about this. Although the crash somehow stopped happening after uninstalling and re-installing SA-MP .3d RC9-3. It was a server crash on my case.

The GetPlayerObjectRot and the GetObjectRot function why does not work when the object is moving?

thx alot samp team it looks FANTASTIC

This is sick, awesome job team!

Holy shit ! 0.3d is released ! Thanks Kalcor and beta testers team !

EDIT: Today is Romania's day (1 december).

EPIC ! Gonna use it tomorrow xD

Wow, thanks for the realse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y_Less
Посмотреть сообщение
Anyone got a changelog between RC9-3 and the final release?
I don't think an official Changelog has been released yet, but I'm sure that either SA-MP wiki or SA-MP Developers will be the first to do so.