SA-MP 0.3d RC client/server (now released)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [HLF]Southclaw
View Post
Good point! the Tab thing annoys me! it replaces Tabs with four spaces sometimes so I have to go through selecting and replacing!

I know someone who actually has OCD and it's just insane! paper aligned to the table edge, same routine every day if it's different they get in a bad mood! Sometimes it's funny
Words can't express how much fun it is to move those things around, making them unaligned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice
Посмотреть сообщение
Kalcor, could you change this in a_samp:
pawn Код:
native format(output[], len, const format[], {Float,_}:...);
to:
pawn Код:
native format(output[], len = sizeof output, const format[], {Float,_}:...);
This would allow you do do this:
pawn Код:
format(buf, _, "hello %s", "world");
instead of this:
pawn Код:
format(buf, sizeof(buf), "hello %s", "world");
Wouldn't this simply help you?

pawn Код:
#define             formatEx(%0,%1,%2)                  format(%0,sizeof(%0),%1,%2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP
Посмотреть сообщение
Wouldn't this simply help you?

pawn Код:
#define             formatEx(%0,%1,%2)                  format(%0,sizeof(%0),%1,%2)
First off using a macro for that is just bad (as it's already a language feature). Not to mention, it won't work with newlines in-between arguments (macros are single-line only), and every piece of code I'd release would require that macro!
Also, you don't always want the second argument to be sizeof the first one, which would lead to inconsistency and ugly code.
In addition to all that, "formatEx" (which is quite poorly named, btw) isn't highlighted as it's not a native function.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
First off using a macro for that is just bad (as it's already a language feature). Not to mention, it won't work with newlines in-between arguments (macros are single-line only), and every piece of code I'd release would require that macro!
Also, you don't always want the second argument to be sizeof the first one, which would lead to inconsistency and ugly code.
In addition to all that, "formatEx" (which is quite poorly named, btw) isn't highlighted as it's not a native function.
Talking of OCD... Anyway, it was just a quick thought and that name was just an example. I didn't bother to think of any better name for it, so it could be named whatever - if there would be any use of this to anyone.

Also, English is not my native language, so it's a little hard for me to understand, but what do you mean, that macros are single-line only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP
Посмотреть сообщение
Talking of OCD... Anyway, it was just a quick thought and that name was just an example. I didn't bother to think of any better name for it, so it could be named whatever - if there would be any use of this to anyone.

Also, English is not my native language, so it's a little hard for me to understand, but what do you mean, that macros are single-line only?
I wouldn't call that OCD, I was just giving you a bunch of reasons why it's bad. What I meant with macros are single-line only is this:
pawn Код:
#define ABC(%1,%2) printf("%d, %d", %1, %2)

ABC(1,2); // Works

// Doesn't work
ABC(
);

Well, thanks for explaining, but still I don't think that they're going to change the format native and you should find a work-around, if you find it so important to be changed.

Actually modify a_samp.inc will work, but I think Slice wants it to be done by default.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP
View Post
Well, thanks for explaining, but still I don't think that they're going to change the format native and you should find a work-around, if you find it so important to be changed.
It takes 3 seconds to fix, and it's not anything I NEED it's just a tiny suggestion that would make scripting just a little bit neater.

One week with no updates...

Quote:
View Post
It takes 3 seconds to fix, and it's not anything I NEED it's just a tiny suggestion that would make scripting just a little bit neater.
I'll join in on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by admigo
View Post
So?

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Next Update is 0.3d without RC

Quote:
Originally Posted by usekevin1988
Посмотреть сообщение
Next Update is 0.3d without RC
How do you know?

Will Lag shooting be fixed? probably the worst thing about samp is lag shooting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean.
View Post
Will Lag shooting be fixed? probably the worst thing about samp is lag shooting.
Personally, "Lag shooting" is the main reason I play SA-MP DM. Secondly, thinks about these points:
  • If you do damage by simply shooting a player, you'd have to re-balance all weapons (otherwise it would take 2 seconds for a good player to kill someone with a deagle).
  • There would have to be an anti-cheat, as aim-bots and sending fake information that you hit someone would become a big issue.
  • All currently skilled SA-MP players would have to unlearn lead-aiming, NEVER!

Quote:
View Post
Personally, "Lag shooting" is the main reason I play SA-MP DM. Secondly, thinks about these points:
  • If you do damage by simply shooting a player, you'd have to re-balance all weapons (otherwise it would take 2 seconds for a good player to kill someone with a deagle).
  • There would have to be an anti-cheat, as aim-bots and sending fake information that you hit someone would become a big issue.
exactly, if people do not want to "lag shoot" as you call it then go play MTA or something.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
See my signature.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Furthermore, joystick users can perform OSOK, as they have auto-aim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabretur
Посмотреть сообщение
How do you know?
I Think . i know nothing

I wonder why such a long time coincides with the release of the next RC. Maybe it will be a lot of changes?

no Xd

some1 lost the key to the basement where kalcor got locked in maybe