SA-MP 0.3d RC client/server (now released)

Best best best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous
Посмотреть сообщение
As for the audio stream messages in chat, would't it be better not displaying them as default and allowing ppl to turn them on rather than auto displaying? I would prefer that anyway.
I've already suggested this by Kalcor told me that it WILL NOT be added on this way beacuse Y_Less said the reason above this post.

it'd just be easier if Kye could add a String variable to the PlayAudioStreamForPlayer for displaying instead of relying on streams to do it. that way we could determine if it shows the string or not when displaying the status of it playing. We could also make custom information so it looks more like a Radio broadcast instead of just a stream being played by SAMP.. would come in handy for RP servers.

more or less the official for when? xD xD I'm impatient
How everybody no? xD

Fun fact: now most shoutcast providers don't have bandwidth limit, they limit the slots and rate only, so the bigger and more real problem is that big server adding small/private/local radio station can completely block it by using all of its slots, disallowing people from outside from connecting to it and that problem won't be solved by showing the title/credits

i wasn't suggesting it more for streams Y_Less, more for straight mp3/ogg so the website url doesn't get shown allowing them to download the music.. but i guess a stream would prevent that anyway so it's redundant. but not everyone is going to use streams, some people are using straight mp3's and ogg's to make scripted track lists which is why it would be handy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMeROne
Посмотреть сообщение
Why you think its the end for sa-mp when kalcor add peer to peer function?
Many scripters ask "Can you add this picture to the SA:MP client?"
I think Kalcor add not pictures from other scripters/users/whatever...
You must add it by yourself but the problem is no onw can see it when the player doesnt load the newest files for the server...
I think peer to peer is much better...
1. No one ask "can you add this picture to sa-mp?"
2. No one ask "can you add more objects to sa-mp?"

You can add it by yourself and the players can download this shit when he connect the first time to the server...
Much better than every other shit!
And dont say "Make a message with "Download the newest files for your client by blabla.com"
Sucks and no one will do this shit!
So I do need to repeat this for the 100 time on this forum... GTA Sanandreas is NOT made to use any untrusted files like custom model files or texture files. The render engine is made to be fast and NOT secure because it was only designed to use files from Rockstar themselves with you should trust. If there where an auto downloading function inbuilt in sa-mp that would allow server owners to send files to the clients that would be an huge security risk. It wouldn't take to long before the to well known hackers would find a way to run any code they like on any players computer that joins there server using the security holes in Sanandreas rendering engine. Thats why adding the power to the server to send custom files to the clients WILL put an end to sa-mp!

The only reason why MTA doesn't have this problem is because there community is about 5 (based on forum users and users online compared to sa-mp) times smaller. Hackers are always interested in where they can make the biggest damage. It's just like in the os word linux and mac is only safer just because they got less users.

Edit added some link to post made by Kalcor on this subject:
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...69#post1347669
http://forum.sa-mp.com/showpost.php?...8&postcount=15

How to use TextDrawFont 4? Where are .txd files which I use for TextDraw? In what files are they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitosking
Посмотреть сообщение
How to use TextDrawFont 4? Where are .txd files which I use for TextDraw? In what files are they?
GTA:SA\models\hud.txt, GTA:SA\models\txd\all_files.txd and GTA:SA\SAMP\samaps.txd, open these files with TXD Workshop.

Something smells like RC6 xD

- The game will not pause when you enter the menu.
- The game will not go to the menu when you return from alt-tab.

YES, YES , YES !!!

I don't mean to make this sound inappropriate, so I will say this in the lightest manner possible.

The, latest (RC6) update, is, the best thing, to masturbate to.

LOL Just kidding, but, thanks KALCOR!

Just out of interest, is being 'paused' (ESC) still traceable through OnPlayerUpdate?

hmmm, what a nice& useful version (rc6)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edga
Посмотреть сообщение
Omg ! yes ! I love it ! i was waiting for this for so long !!! Thanks Kalcor !

I was wondering why was it added to GetPlayerKeys() not to OnPlayerKeyStateChange callback ?
It really helps in our case.

Tested it out, and I can still pause to avoid death, although I look around if I move the mouse, no damage can be done to me. Anyone else seeing that too?

Why it doesn't work with pressed 'Windows key'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuLLeT[LTU]
Посмотреть сообщение

Why it doesn't work with pressed 'Windows key'?
It doesn't work whatever you press.

"The game will not pause when you enter the menu."
You still can't lose health.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireCat
Посмотреть сообщение
"The game will not pause when you enter the menu."
You still can't lose health.
I'm sure that's a bug.

We should have a callback/function for detecting whether or not a player has gone to GTA "pause" menu or not.

Or detect the ESC key. (if possible)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drebin
Посмотреть сообщение
Or detect the ESC key. (if possible)
Theoretically it is, as it's used by the chat text box, scoreboard and dialogs, as when pressed it closes them - so it is recognised! The button it also sent to the server, as it calls OnDialogResponse with response 0 when being used with dialogs.