SA:MP in Ubuntu with Wine -- Crashes on Dialog box popup.

Anyone running SA:MP on Ubuntu with Wine? It works perfect for me in windowed mode. No lags and hassles at all. But one thing concerning me the most is whenever a dialog box appears on screen, it crashes This does not happen with dialog boxes used for login, register etc but ones with particular ID.. Thats the only thing stopping me from enjoying it on Ubuntu. Does anyone else uses WINE to play SA:MP? Someone found some .dll which could be added to get rid of this error/crash ?

lol i tried like 2 months for playing samp on Ubuntu (with wine) :S And at me it crashes when i try to join a server ...

btw how do you do that in windowed mode ?

Hello, the SAMP just doesn't work on some version of Wine, one really old version of wine is tested by me and the SAMP works on it without any crashed, there is a bug with icons in the death messages, they're just not shown properly, but that's no a really hard issue.
The version of the wine is wine-1.3.10, try it, nearly every works for me on this version.
If you're still having any issues with downloading or compiling (you won't probably find a package for this old version) PM me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael@Belgium
View Post
lol i tried like 2 months for playing samp on Ubuntu (with wine) :S And at me it crashes when i try to join a server ...

btw how do you do that in windowed mode ?
Enable windowed mode in wine preferences. Try another wine version if it still crashes, press alt+f2 after joining a new server to make keypad functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thang
View Post
Hello, the SAMP just doesn't work on some version of Wine, one really old version of wine is tested by me and the SAMP works on it without any crashed, there is a bug with icons in the death messages, they're just not shown properly, but that's no a really hard issue.
The version of the wine is wine-1.3.10, try it, nearly every works for me on this version.
If you're still having any issues with downloading or compiling (you won't probably find a package for this old version) PM me.
Ok ty Im still using wine 1.2.x. Ill upgrade and test it right now

EDIT:

I updated to WINE v1.3.26 and it doesn't crash now
This was the dialog box which made it crash.
http://i.imgur.com/EJyo8.jpg