want start from scratch how can i start?

Hi.
I want start RP gamemode from stratch how can i start?what i need?
thanks

All you need is pawn skills.

Open your pawn folder containing the compiler then open new.pwn

There you can start further on.

First of all, skill.
Second, I suggest you to use zcmd & sscanf, mysql / y_ini.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darnell
Посмотреть сообщение
First of all, skill.
Second, I suggest you to use zcmd & sscanf, mysql / y_ini.
People told me the best way to learn Pawn is to start mode from Scratch.
So i want start a RP gamemode and i need little information what to do

First think what you want to make, which 'classes', what are the 'classes' gonna do, how do you want them to make money, do you want a house filterscript yes or no, do you want to let ppl kill other ppl.
Just be creative. And just try not to take alot of ideas from other servers, otherwise it wont be unique.

Firstly, if you want to create and roleplay gamemode, you will need lots of time. Creating roleplay gamemode can take months. And you will need some scripting knowledge, i don't think that beginners can create an good roleplay gamemode.

I started scripting a simple stunt gamemode when I was new, it was actually quite successful. If you have a good creative mind give it a go. All you really need is a map editor and a bit of scripting experience, then you can learn more as you go. Thats how I started.

And it's true what Skorch said.

Just note that your first script won't be your best script, (unless you quit very early) it takes experience and a lot of mistakes to learn the best way to do things.
If you're starting a new game mode then plan it as if you're creating a new game.
Write down all the core features you want and how you'll go about creating the features, it'll be easier to foresee what needs to be done that way.

Here are some usefull steps:
  • You have to know how to PAWN.
  • Add the sampdebug FS to your server , it will help you to add cars etc.
  • Start making a Register and Login System
  • Make the usefull commands ex: /do /me .
  • Add Some Unique Features and Commands this will bring more players to your server , dont forget the 0.3c objects
  • Start working with a team
  • A good picture of your server will give you more chance to have more players