[FilterScript] Vehicle speeding radar

Vehicle speeding radar

What is this?
This is filterscript whose job is to tell the owner of the vehicle what's the speed of the vehicle infront. This can be used by cops for example, to catch those who driver over the speed limitation. In my opinion this is really good for roleplay servers.

How do I use this?
Really simple, below you will find download link from MegaUpload. You'll get .rar file. Just extract this one and put what you got in filterscripts folder. Then add "VehicleRadar" to filterscripts line in your server.cfg
There are few commands. Firstly when you enter your vehicle write /placeradar. That will create object id 367, which is a camera usually, it will be located in the middle of vehicle's dashboard on some models. At this point your radar is inactive. Then you type /checkspeed. Timer which is repeated every 100 milliseconds starts. Function checks if there is a vehicles infront of yours and if there is it will return that vehicles ID. Nextly model and it's speed will appear in the textdraw on the right side of your screen. You can stop the checking by typing /stopchecking and you can disable everything with /removeradar (it will destroy object as well). Afterwards, you can /issueticket which will deduct the speeders money by $1.500.

Video:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA_MJmnG9a4[/ame]

Download:
[MegaUpload] Click here
[Pastebin] Click here

This is nice, nice work.

nice

Nice one,may use it in my server

One question - I swear ive seen this before are you sure YOU created it or was it ripped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
One question - I swear ive seen this before are you sure YOU created it or was it ripped?
I think Raven's Roleplay has a radar just like that, but, oh well.

Cool Keep Good Work

It smells like stolen ? Anyway good job

Quote:
Originally Posted by G4M3Ov3r
Посмотреть сообщение
I think Raven's Roleplay has a radar just like that, but, oh well.
Nop. Didn't copy it from Raven's Roleplay game mode, matter a fact, didn't even know that game mode has something like this. I searched these forums before I started writing, just to make sure there are no similar filterscripts.
I also made this because I saw one suggestion on the forum of the server I play on that they would like to see something like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCube!
Посмотреть сообщение
As I was saying to G4M3Ov3r, I wasn't aware that any other gamemodes, filterscripts had something like this. Fully written by me, nothing was copy/pasted.

Thanks for positive replies everyone!

Gj, only you should make it save after you created a speedcamera.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamer931215
Посмотреть сообщение
Gj, only you should make it save after you created a speedcamera.
As the time passes and I get mode ideas what to add to this, I will do it.

Must be extremely unoptimized, how are you running the checks? On a short timer?

Nice work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam
Посмотреть сообщение
Must be extremely unoptimized, how are you running the checks? On a short timer?
Yes, it's pretty short, 100 milliseconds.

cool for the police

One question. Were can i find your minimap

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhn
Посмотреть сообщение
One question. Were can i find your minimap
Download!
Here it is. I guess you know how to install mods. All credits for the map go to JaW.

never heard about you , but the windows tint , and the radar FS rocks alot , everybody rep that guy he rocks

Omg, nice work guy:X. GJ

@Alvin007 - Thanks for that, means a lot.
@Crystyan12 - Appreciated!