GPS System?

Hello there all,

A friend and me are making our own trucking server, it's beginning to get quite cool, at least the ideas are :P

I'm currently working on my own house system and we want to have a lot of missions. And that's the real point.

Would it be possible to have a real-life gps? That marks each corner as a checkpoint in the whole map and then uses an algorithm to find the best way? Is there already something like a roads-file where you can get the shortest route, if not, what would be the best thing to make such a script?

I'm not a newb fantasizing about cool stuff that can't be done but I am at least wondering нf it could be done.

Thanks in advance!

Kyron

simple answer is ( YES )...

Nodes & Paths is the best option to operate a GPS system ....

Sadly, its under documented, and a complete pain in the arse to dump the node files into a smother operating array of data...

I've seen before that you could choose бny location in a list and then the road was markered from your place to the end destination with white arrows each 10 feet or so.

How would I use this nodes and will they ever again be useful?

using nodes: your going to have to create a nodes and paths system on your own ... nobody that im aware of has released their system, and i refuse to release anything on samp forums ...

However, there is SOME documentation to get you started in the right direction.
My best advice is to take the native nodes out of the data files, compile them into an array, and remove all but the vehicle nodes.

The mistake that i've seen of the others that boast about their nodes & paths systems is that they dont use the group set as a sub level check system to detect paths, which drastically decreases the algorithm process time to the shortest path.