[Soon] Screen Recorder with EE4 Codecs

This is a (sort of) small project that I am working on as I have way too much free time. At the moment I plan on using the EE4 codec as it supports the most applications and even Desktop recording I'm planning on working this around SA-MP the most because well, why not? This may also grow into other games, and may actually work straight away with them.

Here is a very simple screenshot of the basic program itself (It's most likely going to change when I release it for testing).

It work's almost fine just now with a few notches and things to touch up on. Tested it in SA-MP and it has a few colour issues but am onto fixing that right now.

Ill update this soon.

Edit: Taking a break from this for a few days, going to start doing Cinema 4D again. Don't worry I'm not dumping the project

sounds like a good alternative to fraps
what about the performance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiberfun
Посмотреть сообщение
sounds like a good alternative to fraps?
what about the performance?
I have not tested anything yet, but the EE4 codecs are pretty good as they render slightly behind when you record, meaning a delay of like 3 seconds when you stop the video however it helps keep your FPS high.

Ill do some more benchmarking later.

Edit: Forgot to mention it supports Multi-core/Multi-processor encoding.

Sounds good, I might try. What about the size difference after recording 2 same footages in SA:MP for one minute for example?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyDeR`
Посмотреть сообщение
Sounds good, I might try. What about the size difference after recording 2 same footages in SA:MP for one minute for example?
What do you mean by that? I'm guessing resolution, but it generally fix's to the size of your desktop just now which I need to fix. I'm just rendering and uploading to ******* with a test clip (Doesn't support full screen applications just yet)

My post is incomplete, sorry about that. I meant, what's the size after recording 2 same footages, one with fraps and one with your applications, for one minute. In Fraps, it's over 3GB I guess.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
My post is incomplete, sorry about that. I meant, what's the size after recording 2 same footages, one with fraps and one with your applications, for one minute. In Fraps, it's over 3GB I guess.
Just outputting a 9 minute video now, ill check the size once it's done.

Edit: the plain file without any editing straight 9 minutes is 1.9GB.

That's very good!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
That's very good!
I have not actually checked the quality yet myself, should have done that before, but it's encoding now, and uploading in a second. (May not be done for a while as I'm taking the dogs out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrkrabz
Посмотреть сообщение
Just outputting a 9 minute video now, ill check the size once it's done.

Edit: the plain file without any editing straight 9 minutes is 1.9GB.
1.9Gb for 9 minutes sounds like some of my HD renders....