[FilterScript] Jochem's Advanced NPC Creator

Jochem's Advanced NPC Creator
Hello,

I've made my second Filterscript; Advanced NPC Creator

What does it do and is special about it?
The normal npc_record script included in the server package only allows you to record the npc, and nothing more. My script also creates the script which should be put in "server_root/npcmodes" and it also creates the "OnPlayerSpawn script if you recorded in a vehicle!

Examples?
Of course. Let's say I recorded NPC 'incar.rec'. There will be three files in scriptfiles;
- incar.rec
- incar.pwn
- incar.txt

incar.rec is the file you recorded, this file should be moved to 'server_root/npcmodes/recordings'.
incar.pwn is the file which controls the recording. It should be moved to 'server_root/npcmodes'. It contains this, when you named the file 'incar'.
pawn Код:
#define RECORDING "incar"
#define RECORDING_TYPE 1

#include <a_npc>
main() {}

public OnRecordingPlaybackEnd() StartRecordingPlayback(RECORDING_TYPE, RECORDING);

#if RECORDING_TYPE == 1
  public OnNPCEnterVehicle(vehicleid, seatid) StartRecordingPlayback(RECORDING_TYPE, RECORDING);
  public OnNPCExitVehicle() StopRecordingPlayback();
#else
  public OnNPCSpawn() StartRecordingPlayback(RECORDING_TYPE, RECORDING);
#endif
incar.txt contains script to connect and eventually put the NPC in a vehicle, in case it's recorded in a vehicle.
pawn Код:
// Put the script down here in your gamemode. You might have to merge functions. Also, don't forget to replace 'npc_name_here' with the name of the NPC ingame.

new npc_name_here_vehicle;

public OnGameModeInit()
{
    npc_name_here_vehicle = CreateVehicle(558,0.0,0.0,0.0,0.0,-1,-1,-1);
    ConnectNPC("npc_name_here",incar);
    return 1;
}

public OnPlayerSpawn(playerid)
{
    if(IsPlayerNPC(playerid))
    {
        new name[MAX_PLAYER_NAME];
        GetPlayerName(playerid,name,sizeof(name));
        if(!strcmp(name,"npc_name_here",false))
        {
            PutPlayerInVehicle(playerid,npc_name_here_vehicle,0);
        }
        return 1;
    }
    return 1;
}
Don't forget to replace the 'npc_name_here' things!

Код:
Download
v1.0 (24/08/2011): Pastebin
Credits:
- Dracoblue; DCMD
- KC; For learning me how to use a NPC about a year ago with this tutorial
- Myself: Making the script. DO NOT RELEASE THIS WITHOUT MY PERMISSION.

I'd really like to hear your answers - what can be improved?

Jochem

Looks pretty nice and easy to use.

It doesn't only look like.

Great work! Though there's already Record 'n' Play FS which allows you to record 'n' play your NPC directly in game.

Oh, I couldn't find anything.

There is already a samp npc creator and have car recording so this is unusefull try to make it dynamic or add some cool functions as NPCGUARDPLAYER(playerid, npcid)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naruto_Emilio
Посмотреть сообщение
There is already a samp npc creator and have car recording so this is unusefull try to make it dynamic or add some cool functions as NPCGUARDPLAYER(playerid, npcid)
Read first post?

Deleted*

Deleted*

Does this work in 0.3z? Making an npc according to KC's tutorial doesnt seem to work for me in 0.3z i mean i got everything in place and all needed scripts compiled without errors and the npc enters the server and "doesnt leave" it but i dont see the npc going on the route i recorded, and since you kinda used his method in general thats why i ask whether your version works in 0.3z or not.

Dunno. I scripted this ages ago