I'm new

Hi there. I'm completely new to scripting. Although I'm a C programmer (still learning it though :P )

I want start editing on The Godfather script as I want my own one.

First thing, I want to delete the license system. How?

Dude. If you are new you should not start with GF. Use This : https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=92

Actually, I can't understand anything of these..

I'm not searching for PAWN programming. It's easy :/

I'm talking about GTA functions themselves and how they're managed.

And actually, it's better for me to learn from seeing much things and trying to figure them out, not reading tutorials... =(

Yeah but GTA functions ? You mean PAWNO functions ? Because you script with PAWNO in SA:MP.

GF isn't a good option, you'll only come to realize that later. That's why most scripters does not recommend that.

Take a look at the Release Sections, download different types of GMs/Admin Scripts/FS and peek into them. You'll learn better, honestly.

Try Carlitos Role Play. It is written in an organized fashion but some of the functions need to be modernized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berlovan
View Post
Yeah but GTA functions ? You mean PAWNO functions ? Because you script with PAWNO in SA:MP.
What? That makes no sense. You script INSIDE of Pawno, which is just a text editor with text highlighting, you literally script with the Pawn language. So, you are scripting with Pawn functions.

I suggest you start on the SA:MP Wiki. It has a list of the callbacks and functions, telling you when they're triggered and how to use them properly. Also, despite whether you're a beginner or not, read over the pawn_lang.pdf manual found on CompuPhuse's site. It will give you an insight on the language that others seem to ignore, which could cost you big later.

I also don't suggest starting with a gamemode as a big, unsupported and inefficient as GodFather. In fact, I don't encourage you to start with any role play style gamemode, whether your have prior scripting knowledge or not. Start with something simple, like the modes provided in the SA:MP Server download package. They're basic, but they help you get a grasp on the language.

Yeah, Pawn functions >.< You script with PAWNO pawn functions.

Quote:
View Post
Yeah, Pawn functions >.< You script with PAWNO pawn functions.
Pawno Pawn functions?

So does that mean if I use Notepad++ to script then I use Notepad++ Pawn functions?

Lol Bakr... You tease alot.

btw, Scripting language is "PAWN".
The program that we commonly use to write it is "pawno" (it can be done with many other apps though).

If you are saying someone to learn it, say: "Learn Pawn"

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPLEOMAX
View Post
Lol Bakr... You tease alot.

btw, Scripting language is "PAWN".
The program that we commonly use to write it is "pawno" (it can be done with many other apps though).

If you are saying someone to learn it, say: "Learn Pawn"
It's not intentional, nor is it to put anyone down. Just to help people learn more. Kinda like, eh, tough love.

Also, the language is actually called Pawn. If you look on CompuPhuse's main site, the developers of the language, they title it "The Pawn Language". Also references to Wikipedia note it as Pawn (The Scripting Language).

Dude. I know that thing. I meant to say: We mostly use Pawno to script in pawn programming language touhgh we can use other compilers too.

Quote:
View Post
Dude. I know that thing. I meant to say: We mostly use Pawno to script in pawn programming language touhgh we can use other compilers too.
pawno isn't a compiler, the compiler is pawncc

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrawkC
View Post
pawno isn't a compiler, the compiler is pawncc
Just got told again haha. Maybe he should just give up..

On Topic:

Try the first Vortex, the non-mysql one.

How about you fuck off with your roleplay edits

Some people spend countless months/years scripting their own scratch gamemode and shitty rp edits are filling up the hosted list, causing us " non-lazy " scripters from getting into the hosted list.

From my view, it's C written there :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNavigator
View Post
From my view, it's C written there :/
In the pawn_lang.pdf? If so, no. Pawn has a C-like syntax which makes it very similar.

The main difference between the code you see in the PDF and on these forums (which has been standardized for SA:MP scripts) is the use of a semi-colon to terminate a line. However, this can be undone by simply putting a pragma at the top of your script:
pawn Code:
#pragma semicolon 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grand.Theft.Otto
View Post
How about you fuck off with your roleplay edits

Some people spend countless months/years scripting their own scratch gamemode and shitty rp edits are filling up the hosted list, causing us " non-lazy " scripters from getting into the hosted list.
God bless you.

So still, how can I add that?

Learn from Raven GM (GF is an old GM).
https://sampforum.blast.hk/showthread.php?tid=140427