A new script database - useful or waste?

Hi
just some minutes ago I got an idea for a new script database. I know there already were lots of them, and most of them failed, so Id like to hear some opinions before wasting my time for something nobody uses.

Basically, the idea behind this is a version tracker. A scripter/script owner uploads his script and includes a version number. Then people can simply download the script, maybe rate or comment on it. They would also be parted to different categories and subcategories. Nothing special so far.
But the specail thing would be, scripters could just upload new versions of their script whenever they like, and users could check either via a link, or autmatically with an include (that could be added to the uploaded scripts automatically) if they are using the most recent version. If not, it would display a message in the console, maybe even download the new script automatically.

I know some scripts or plugins already do that themselves, but with that database everything would work automatically and without extra work for the scripters. And there are a lot of scripts that are updated recently, but got no version checker.

So again, my simple question: useful or waste?

I think this idea would be really useful. Good luck with it!

It sounds like a very useful idea, so i would say its not a waste of time

If someone could successfully get a project like this started I would he happy to contribute!

Waste. The most scripts get downloaded by folks who just open a server and need some quick and easy scripts to add to their gamemode to make it look like something. Other than that moment, they most probably won't visit the forums the rest of their lives, let alone that they would know about some script database.

Waste, SA-MP forums fine enough, don't need leachers everywhere.

It would be useful. SA-MP forums is popular still, and will be to. Nothing will affect it.

I remember there something like this hosted by SA-MP team back in 2006, anyway its good idea.

i don't understand what you mean lol

waste of time and effort... noone would want to give away scripts that easily(except for some)