[Tutorial] How to add Mapping into your server

Introduction
How to add Mapping into your server

Step 1 - Creating the Mapping

There are a few programmes that are used for mapping for San Andreas Multiplayer. Choosing the correct programme to map on is entirely up to you, you may be a person who likes to do things on Hotkeys and do things easily or you just like to find object ID's and create them on. Personally in this tutorial i will be talking about TWO most comman mapping programmes in Step 1 of this tutorial. They are MTA San Andreas and San Andreas Multiplayer Map Construction.

MTA San Andreas:

MTA San Andreas is similar to San Andreas Multiplayer, you create a server and script it and such thus the only difference between them is that MTA San Andreas has a built in Map Editor tool. Now, when selecting this you will be viewing yourself at GroveStreet, Moving is simple like moving in San Andreas. W,A,S,D keys for movement and your mouse for camera movement, More will be explained though once you get the programme and see for yourself as the programme allows you to endure a tutorial teaching you how to make and add objects in the mapping etc. Simply above means that MTA San Andreas (Multi Theft Auto (MTA)) is a multiplayer mod ("modification software") for the Microsoft Windows version of Rockstar North games Grand Theft Auto III, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas that adds an online multiplayer component. That is the wiki explanation for it. You will have to see the Map Editor for yourself ingame as i cant sit here explaining it all to you, it will simply take a while or FAST if you endure the tutorial ingame.

Downloading the software: To download MTA San Andreas go onto the link MTA San Andreas or if that link does not work, head over the the MTA San Andreas website which is as follows. www.mtasa.com Remember that when download you must have map editor installation enabled in order to get the map editor too, then you must run MTA SA and select map editor, From there onwards the tutorial shall help you out.

Map Construction:

Map Construction is on a different scale to MTA San Andreas, it works differently to MTA San Andreas, many would call it easier to map on but many will find it hard. In MTA San Andreas all files are installed directly into the directories automatically but in Map Construction however, it must be done manually and all there is is 2 Files, in order to use this software you must drag the two files you recieve from the download and place them into your GTA San Andreas directory at Local Disk © (or what ever drive you have installed GTA San Andreas on). having done this to open the programme you may liek to copy and paste the .exe file onto your desktop as a shortcut to the programme rather than opening it manually from the C drive directly. Many would choose this over MTA SA as it takes less space and it is only 2 files whereas MTA SA is a few files more but i would reccomend MTA SA more as it is easy to map on and save mapping.

Downloading the Software: In order to grab yourself a copy of Map Construction click HERE and it will automatically install the editor.rar for you, You must have Winrar in order to open the RAR file and extract the two files located inside. I will not explain how to use this software as it will take quite long and as i do not know how to use it fully myself. But again i am recommending MTA SA map editor at this stage. Lets continue to Step 2.

Step 2 - Converting the Mapping ( Presuming at this stage you have mapped and saved the mapping)

We are moments away from adding the finished product into our script but not yet. You must have by now fiddled with one of the programmes above to map therefore im presuming that you have mapped a mapping and saved it. Now we must allocate the directory of where you have saved your mapping.

MTA San Andreas (Map Editor)
- When you have mapped successfully on MTA SA, you will notice that pressing hotkey F shows us a genre of tools to use such as Save, Saveas and such. Once you have saved we will now find the directory for MTA San Andreas. The location for saved maps on my PC was default as i didnt change it so on my PC i find my mapping by going onto the following locations.

C:\Program Files\MTA San Andreas\server\mods\race\maps

Sure its a pretty long directory but what else can you do, must must thing. Now lets go ahead and open the mapping file you must have saved it something like mymapping and the format of the file will be .map, but you may see the mapping on NotePad or any other text viewing programme (most text viewing programmes not all) and once openening it, Select all the coding you see and COPY it onto your clipboard (Right click and hit Copy or CTRL+C). Now we have our mapping copied and its time to have it pasted on a Map converting website. Listed below you will find many Converting websites to use that are useful and below them will be explaining how to convert.

Map Construction.

This is fairly different to MTA San Andreas, this does not save into any file as we did not install it it was just two simple files and a drag and drop issue. Now, IF you are using this programme remember it is NOT a gta map editor. it's a sa-mp map editor for constructing maps for use with sa-mp. For this programme you will not need any converting at all as it will convert it to CreateObject the default object creating, but if you would like to use the streamer include and have more object counts than the default object count you will simple

pawn Код:
#include <streamer
At the top of your script and underneath public OnGameModeInit or public OnFilterScriptInIt (Depending on what your script is post it the suitable public call.) you paste your code but more detail will be given at Step 3 how to add mapping. Anyway, back to where we were at. Once you have played around with Map Construction and added mapping and created a map, you will simply hit ShowCode at the top bar and this will open a pop up menu displaying all CreateObject's you have added in the mapping so simply Copy and Paste them on a new notepad file to not lose them then you are Done, Lets move onto Step 3 on how to add these mappings into our server.

Step 3 - Adding the Mapping.

Presuming now we have our mapping converted or in Map Construction's case Copied and Pasted to somewhere to grab them again, we will now insert these into our script. Do not worry below you will see links for converting mapping. Now! if you have a filterscript and would like to ADD the mapping onto your filterscript and you have defined filterscript in your script, we will simply add the CreateObject/CreateDynamicObject codes above the return code underneath public OnFilterScriptInIt() and align them so they are aligned in the same alignment as the return code. However if you are wanting to add these objects into your Gamemode then you will do the same but only this time we will be placing the coding underneath public OnGameModeInIt() and above the return call. So here are a few examples

FilterScript map adding:

pawn Код:
public OnFilterScriptInIt()
{
    CreateObject(codingblablahere);
    //Rest of it here etc. I hope you get the point
    return 1;
}
GameMode Map Adding:
same thing but different public call

pawn Код:
public OnGameModeInIt()
{
    CreateObject(codingblablahere);
    return 1;
}
After doing this we will be hitting that Compile button and you will now have your mapping added into your Filterscript / GameMode what ever the occasion is. If you are struggling please post below explaining the error or difficulty you are recieving

Using the Objects Streamer (Streamer):

This is the same as above and same adding mapping but only this time you will convert your mapping into Streamer mapping (CreateDynamicObject rather than CreateObject) using one of the Converting websites listed below. What streamer does is increase the number of objects you may run in your script, the default object count only has 300 and something whereas using this include you may have MANY more than that. In order to use Streamer there are two requirements, one is getting the include its self streamer.inc then placing it in your includes directory and the second is adding the include to the top of your script

pawn Код:
#include <streamer>
Now you have included streamer in your script and below i will show you two Demonstrations on how to add converted CreateObjects to CreateDynamicObject

FilterScript map adding:

pawn Код:
public OnFilterScriptInIt()
{
    CreateDynamicObject(codingblablahere);
    return 1;
}
GameMode Map Adding:
same thing but different public call

pawn Код:
public OnGameModeInIt()
{
    CreateDynamicObject(codingblablahere);
    return 1;
}
Converting Websites:

#1 - www.convertffs.com
#2 - http://gtamap.delux-host.com/converter
#3 - http://maps.serverhex.com
#4 - http://www.gamerxserver.com/ConvertMTAFile.php (must be logged in havent tested it)

If you know other Converting websites why not post them below for others to see them
And now you have successfully learnt how to place objects into your script, the only reason this tutorial is long is because i have explained as much as i can and shown how to use both programmes.

Good job PhoenixB. This is very usefull.

Good job PhoenixB.

GJ PhoenixB!!

Thanks guys i explained as much as i can

Nice Phoenix Epic tutorial

Thank you

nicee...

Thanks

how do I add a custom image say hillrace.img to samp ? its already in my gta sa directory just doesn't work with samp works on single player , if this is the guide to do it can you PM me with simple instructions thanks
chris

Thanks for this man,it was very usefull..Cause i had a few problems adding a map..

I made a tutorial like this but easier but good job

great job very simple for newbies out there

Intresting ..

very nice tut for new ppl great work m8

What is the pawn code for RemoveBuildingForPlayer? Please respond. :P

Is it possible to move a gamemode from san fierro to like los santos? Please help me !

Very useful (even for me) thanks

I try to ADD Dynamic object
I Complie And i got No Errors
i goes to Game no objects added ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathushan
View Post
I try to ADD Dynamic object
I Complie And i got No Errors
i goes to Game no objects added ?
Dynamic objects ( CreateDynamicObject ) needs Incognito's streamer include.