Gmod vs Minecraft

Poll, only vote if you played both... Leave a comment saying why.

I don't know the Gmod, but i know the minecraft *-*

Gmod is a mod that runs off source engine games using their objects to build and have fun mean while you are restricted by many things you cannot make your own houses unless its pre made and its really just not that fun after playing awhile , mine-craft is a open sandbox game where almost anything is possible you can build as you wish and do what you wish and not limited by what games you have or don't have its really a game of endless fun and possiablities . minecraft is a overall better game but gmod is fun when you are bored and playing with other players on servers requires you to have the exact mods and source games they have or you cant play realy restricts you.

Ok heres a real simple question ,"HOW THE HELL" you compare minecraft (simple coded game) vs a source engine game that uses counter strike , tf2 materials.?

Also this is a s useless thread.

How the fuck do you compare minecraft and gmod?

@Kitten: "Simple coded" k then code a diff minecraft I wanna see

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Weston
Посмотреть сообщение

@Kitten: "Simple coded" k then code a diff minecraft I wanna see
Did i said i want to create it or am i the level as the coding for minecraft? no also why waste time i just saying its a simple coded game vs a experienced engine game you can't compare them so this thread becomes "USELESS"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_Weston
Посмотреть сообщение
You can't Both different games. Only thing thats the same, Is building stuff.

Код:
Gmod 		     6 	33.33%
Minecraft 	     6 	33.33%
I don't know/care    6 	33.33%
I lol'd, 6 6 6.

I voted I don't know/care

Lol I thought Minecraft would be way more voted then gmod, but I like gmod better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitten
Посмотреть сообщение
Ok heres a real simple question ,"HOW THE HELL" you compare minecraft (simple coded game) vs a source engine game that uses counter strike , tf2 materials.?

Also this is a s useless thread.
GMod is just a modification of the Source Engine, all you have to do is use their SDK which is already coded for you. You could start using the SDK if you had a day to read their tutorials and already had a ground knowledge in PAWN, really, it's not that complicated.

Minecraft had to be coded ground up by Notch, pretty sure that's alot more difficult, and if you've ever worked with Java before you'd know how hard it is also to optimize larger graphic intensive applications due to the nature of the language and what it was designed for.

I really think that Mojang deserves more credit than you've given, there is an entire team behind the game, while to my recollection GMod is just one person, and that really reflects upon the complexity of both of the games / mods

Although I do wish MC used (alot) less memory.