RAM: 1 GB
Disk Space: 50 GB
Monthly Bandwith: 1000Gb

Windows:

CPU: 6 CPU
RAM: 4 GB
Disk Space: 150 GB
Monthly Bandwith: 2500GB

I'm sure the Linux VPS could hold ~100. As for the Windows, more than 200. It depends on your connection though.

It's 100/100.

So if i buy the Windows one. It can hold more then 200? It's 4 GB ram. Or is the monthly bandwith the problem why it can't hold so much?

You won't hold more than 50 players on a VPS, most likely - unless you're paying $90 for those VPS, at which point it's just smarter to get a dedicated server.

Never use Windows for a server, the actual OS will eat up a lot of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linuxthefish
Посмотреть сообщение
Never use Windows for a server, the actual OS will eat up a lot of stuff.
I use Windows Server 2008 on my dedicated server, it doesn't use a lot at all. maybe 600mb max, but that's the equivalent to an apache server. Then again, I have 8gb of ram and a quad-core processor, so I don't know yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni
Посмотреть сообщение
I use Windows Server 2008 on my dedicated server, it doesn't use a lot at all. maybe 600mb max, but that's the equivalent to an apache server. Then again, I have 8gb of ram and a quad-core processor, so I don't know yet.
You should try Nginx, it only uses 20mb ram with fast cgi.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
maybe 600mb max, but that's the equivalent to an apache server.
If your apache is using 600mb, you're doing something wrong - 600mb with apache is enough to host alot of sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
Посмотреть сообщение
If your apache is using 600mb, you're doing something wrong - 600mb with apache is enough to host alot of sites.
I'm not actually sure, I don't use apache for anything special. Just a place to put files. Though I use WAMP now on my dedi, doesn't seem to use as much.

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm not actually sure, I don't use apache for anything special. Just a place to put files. Though I use WAMP now on my dedi, doesn't seem to use as much.
I've never seen apache use more than 250mb when ran in a LAMP stack, it's only a resource hog if you don't adjust the settings