Data loss on iPhone

Hey,

I recently downgraded from iOS 5 (Apple dev account from a friend, he reg'd my UDID) because well he decided it would be cool just to "unregister" my udid and give me some bs apple verification. I couldn't do anything really, Apple said I would need to setup my iPhone again, (iOS 5) but when doing so it says my UDID is not valid for iOS 5. So I downgraded back to iOS 4.3.5 and all, works like a charm, but all my data was lost. I can't even sync my backups, data, and everything from my laptop back. I think I still might have all of it, but I don't know how to do it.

Would anyone have any ideas?

If you are on Windows, see if you can find any files in this directory > "C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup"

If there is nothing there, then you have no backups to backup from.

Imho, this is one of the main reasons I don't use Apple products.

When its connected in iTunes, right click on your iphone and click "RESTORE FROM BACKUP". See if it's in there.

I had backups, just the weird thing is they only replaced my photos and that's about it. Messages, Apps, songs, everything is gone.

Using unstable software is a bad idea altogether really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Famalamalam
Посмотреть сообщение
Using unstable software is a bad idea altogether really.
It's iTunes, and he cannot do anything about it. Do not suggest something that is uncontrollable...

OP: I've had SO much data loss on my iPhone, since they took out the manual backup button.

Do you think if I went to an Apple store I could ask for man-to-man support there? I mean I legit bought the songs and apps.

I wasn't "suggesting" anything, I was merely stating that if you use unstable software then it's your own fault for being such a fool.