[FilterScript] SAMP-BANS Example Filterscript

Introduction
So you've always wanted to show your banlist on a website, but you've never had the resources to do it? Well now it's easier than ever, all you have to do is use our API over at http://www.samp-bans.com and we will host your banlist for you. This filterscript is an example of how you can use our websites API to create your own banlist for your SA-MP server.

Installation
  1. First, download the filterscript using the link below
  2. Then put it in your SA-MP server directory under "filterscripts"
  3. Head on over to http://www.samp-bans.com/page/register and make an account
  4. Once you have an account, login and click on account to see your API key!
  5. Open up the filterscript in your favourite PAWN editor, such as Pawno
  6. Place your API key in the filterscript where it is marked
  7. Compile the filterscript
  8. Load it into the server and enjoy your banlist!
That's it, you now have an online banlist that we're hosting for you! You can even manage your bans from the website now through a super easy to use interface!

Example Commands
There are just three example commands included in this Filterscript, those are:
  • /ban <player> <reason> <time (minutes)>
  • /unbanbyip <ip address>
  • /unbanbyname <name>
RCON administration access required

How do I find my banlist?
Go to my account and then click on the number next to "Account ID", that is your unique banlist page.

What else?
We're hoping that in the future people will implement this into their filterscripts, this is an example filterscript in order to show you how to make use of our API at samp-bans.com. We'll be adding more features as time goes on and accept suggestions all of the time in order to improve our service to you.

Help, I banned myself!
We've already implemented a feature that will allow you to remove bans from the website. Simply login, go to your banlist and you should see "Delete" buttons next to all of your bans, only you can see this. Clicking this button will remove the ban on that line!

Download

You can also view our demo page here

How does it work?
It uses the built in threaded http client in the SA-MP server to send requests to our API. You can find documentation on our API here.

If you have any questions or problems, please feel free to ask them and we will help as best we can

Nice and easy

Nice and easy ..

Great!

Useful, keeps the players banned in case of data lost, host change, etc.

Nice job, like CyNiC said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyNiC
View Post
Useful, keeps the players banned in case of data lost, host change, etc.

i Want Ban System permanent

I have problem. When i want to check ban using HTTP i have this :
Code:
Error?Ban not found
But ban exist in my banlist at samp-bans.com ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmileyForCheat
View Post
i Want Ban System permanent
All you have to do is set the time to 0 or else don't send a time and it will be permanent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by __[ShaDoW]__
View Post
I have problem. When i want to check ban using HTTP i have this :
Code:
Error?Ban not found
But ban exist in my banlist at samp-bans.com ...
Okay, there was an error on our side. It has been fixed, no update needed on your side!

This is nice !

Nice work again.

That's pretty nice, although i suggest checking the NAME and IP for bans when connecting. That would be a lot more effective for people who change IP's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wups
View Post
That's pretty nice, although i suggest checking the NAME and IP for bans when connecting.
Like I've said before, why would you want to check if someone is banned by name? What if an innocent player joins with that nickname? It's super-easy to evade a ban on a nickname too, so I don't see what the point of it is. Although if people really want this feature I can add it to the API.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
View Post
Like I've said before, why would you want to check if someone is banned by name? What if an innocent player joins with that nickname? It's super-easy to evade a ban on a nickname too, so I don't see what the point of it is. Although if people really want this feature I can add it to the API.
Heh, you can say "This name is banned, please choose a different one.".
People don't wan't to play on a new name, because they can lose their stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wups
View Post
Heh, you can say "This name is banned, please choose a different one.".
People don't wan't to play on a new name, because they can lose their stats.
Well actually you could technically do it now, all you would have to do is add the ban through the website and specify the name you want banned as the IP address, because there's nothing that currently verifies if it's a valid IP address. It only checks if the length is 15 (maximum length of an IP).

Although I guess I could add a checkname function in an update.

Hmmm from me its awesome

this is insane....awesome work i really respect you alot..!

Is not better using MySQL?

Not working for me..??

EDIT: I think its because i am using LuXAdmin ..Can you please re-configure it and make it for LuXAdmin ...Please!

Yeah, JaTochNietDan, you should'v released an include. It would be MUCH easier for people to configure it to their admin scripts.