Anti DDoS Protection?

Hey there,

I was wondering if any of you had any suggestions I could use as a DDoS protection firewall. Aiming towards game servers protection as well. I plan on installing it on my dedicated server, so hopefully it'll protect that too !

iptables is almost always a sufficient firewall. Who would bother attacking a small server?

DDOS is about bandwidth, a firewall will not mitigate the attack if your bandwidth is filled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
iptables is almost always a sufficient firewall. Who would bother attacking a small server?
I'll try iptables. Well the thing is, a lot of people think it's fun to DDoS and watch servers go down..

Edit:

I also forgot to mention I'm using Windows Server 2008. Checked the iptables site and it seems to be made for Linux only?

Do what they do with webhosting, two servers in different locations on the same dns. If one goes down, the players will relog onto the next server!

iptables, or in particular a firewall which works with iptables, such as csf or apf, can block both standard security attacks, such as brute force, and DoS attacks if configured correctly, however that's all Linux only. The only way to protect against large scale DDoS attacks is either to have a large amount of bandwidth at use (and hope that no one goes over it when they attack you), or to invest in costly external firewall equipment.