[FilterScript] Exploding Petrol Tank [v0.1.0]

Features

Here's a simple filterscript which allows you to explode occupied and non-occupied vehicles by shoothing at its petrolcaps. Each vehicle has its own unique offset. It's designed for all weapons (except the very heavy ones (rockets, bombs, firethrower) and non-bullet guns (fist, braces, baseball bat, spray, ...). It's quite accurate so it mostly won't explode when you don't shoot outside of the little petrolcap square. The thing that I didn't add but maybe will in future versions is detecting bullets flying out of your gun when you keep holding the fire key - You have to release the fire key to use it again.

Installation

- Download the filterscript. Put everything in the right directory and write the name of the filterscript in "server.cfg".
- Start your server and start shooting the vehicles.

Preview

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EV1rAPXnLfA

The first time I rendered in after effects. Watch in HD please.

Download

Pastebin [Before downloading and commenting, read the bugs below]

Bugs

There are some bugs in the current version when you shoot from a distance. This is caused due the not-perfect weapon offsets (only sniper works without problems). I will try to fix ASAP. Please be patient.

Notes

- Only report important bugs please.
- Please DO NOT use codes from my filterscript to create new ones related to this. I have plans in future.

Credits

- Credits to n3d who helped me with some angle problems.
- JernejL for his vehicle dummies.

Glad to be view #1 on the video. It looks pretty nice, can I ask what vehicle dummies did JernejL provide?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retardedwolf
View Post
Glad to be view #1 on the video. It looks pretty nice, can I ask what vehicle dummies did JernejL provide?
http://pastebin.com/rKDAhRkv

ohokay, thanks.

ty for that its awesome

This is wicked, I cannot believe this was made

Great for freeroam servers and deathmatch servers, this is really epic. Imma borrow your calculations!

Good job RyDeR`

wow awesome work Ryder, I am gonna use it
EDITED: why it isnt working for me? i shooted a sultan's petrolcap but nothing exploded.

Great Work Ryder

Anyone tested? Does it work?

It isnt working for me

Great!

awesome

^^

Sorry guys, I added something without testing last time, that\'s why it wasn\'t working. New link added, try again.

Thanks for reporting and feedback.

Geat! Nice FS!

Damn RyDeR, this is epic!

i love do that in gta sa single player xD

Major bug fixed. Please re-download if you\'re using this.

I was using GetClosestVehicle to get the vehicleID but that wasn\'t smart because if you have a car next you and you\'re shoothing another one further from you, it won\'t explode. It\'s very important to re-download.

Thanks to Acer for detecting the bug.

Tested and it doesn\'t work for me. Loaded successfully but when I shoot the tank it doesn\'t happen anything.

Edit: The problem was that the distance between me and the vehicle was greater than one unit. You need to be very close to the car so it will explode, that\'s not really great is it? You should be able to blow up cars from distance too.

Didn\'t really test this shooting from a distance. The main problem is because of the weapons offsets (except sniper) aren\'t perfect and this is unfortunatly increasing when you take a bigger distance. I\'m currently working on a aiming system with perfect offsets. Maybe wait till then or just use temporary this one.

Sorry for these unexpected problems.

After use SetVehicleHealth(vehicleID, 0.0); this Empty vehicle in this place after respawn will be Explosion there every time when you go to this place.