Linux Problems.

I downloaded a gamemode and put it on my linux server and i have the following problems:

1) Server doesnt stay up 24/7 it goes offline when i close PuTTY (I tried [****@78 samp03]# ./samp03svr & )
I have no idea whats causing this.

2) I modified the .pwn gamemode but when i upload to my server it doesnt update on the game, i have no idea why this is doing it. After i tried re-setting the whole linux server.
(Unless i have to edit the .amx but i cant seem to open that on my pc)

Thanks very much,
BaseBoyAdam.

(EDIT: I fixed problem 1 i had to do "nohup ./samp03svr &")

You need to compilie your .pwn file, not just save it. You can use F5 button to compilie it.
After it will be compilied, you need to upload an .amx file of your gamemode to your server.

I always use SCREEN to keep me server(s) on.
And everything runs as normal.

Why use screen for programs that don't display any output? nohup will work fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norck
Посмотреть сообщение
You need to compilie your .pwn file, not just save it. You can use F5 button to compilie it.
After it will be compilied, you need to upload an .amx file of your gamemode to your server.
Where do i compile the .pwn becuase on linux F5 doesn't do anything (I edit the .pwn on my PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseBoyAdam
Посмотреть сообщение
Where do i compile the .pwn becuase on linux F5 doesn't do anything (I edit the .pwn on my PC)
open .pwn with your pawn.exe "downloaded with windows server version" then click F5, it will make a .amx of your gamemode then upload it to your server...

i tried to compile and it come out with this output
Код:
C:\Users\Gaming\Desktop\SAMP Game Mode (EDITS)\SFCRRPG.pwn(30) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "irc"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.

At your fisrt question, do as other people has said, use screen.
I don't know if your linux server have screen installed, so just put: sudo apt-get install screen (if you are using ubuntu)
An then just go to the directory wheres is your sam server and put this commands:
sudo chmod +x samp03srv
screen -A -m -d -S server ./samp03srv
And the server will stay open when you close your putty.
Then to close the server just put:
screen -r server
To close your server, press: "Control + C"
To minimize just: "Control + A + D"
And at you second question... sorry but i don't know about pwn XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaskull
Посмотреть сообщение
At your fisrt question, do as other people has said, use screen.
I don't know if your linux server have screen installed, so just put: sudo apt-get install screen (if you are using ubuntu)
An then just go to the directory wheres is your sam server and put this commands:
sudo chmod +x samp03srv
screen -A -m -d -S server ./samp03srv
And the server will stay open when you close your putty.
Then to close the server just put:
screen -r server
To close your server, press: "Control + C"
To minimize just: "Control + A + D"
And at you second question... sorry but i don't know about pwn XD
As soon as i posted my first post i fixed problem 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaseBoyAdam
Посмотреть сообщение
i tried to compile and it come out with this output
Код:
C:\Users\Gaming\Desktop\SAMP Game Mode (EDITS)\SFCRRPG.pwn(30) : fatal error 100: cannot read from file: "irc"

Compilation aborted.Pawn compiler 3.2.3664	 	 	Copyright © 1997-2006, ITB CompuPhase

1 Error.
I assume you are using this: http://forum.sa-mp.com/showthread.ph...hlight=SFCRRPG

After extracting SFCRRPG look in the SFCRRPG/pawno/includes folder and copy all the .inc files to your own pawno/includes folder.