Is it a virus ?

Well, recently these past couple of days, I experienced the worst things in Pawno. Well, a few days ago my script got cut off by 3-4 thousand lines (was 27k, went down to around 24k). So, I had to find the most recent backup of my gamemode ( I make about 1 backup every couple of days to prevent data loss, I backup with hotmail and e-mail my script to myself ) and had to find the line that was cut off and paste the backup file from that line, to the bottom, and had to re-do a lot of changes that I made before the script got cut. It took about a couple of days to re-add the new stuff and replace the old. I am happy about that and am finished.

I backed up my pawn file into a notepad file before I left to go out today (back to 27+k lines again), then came back and turned my computer on, went to my gamemode, and there was 19k+ lines. I said WTF, but thank God I left that backup file in notepad, else I would of had to re-do the same shit again for the second time.

I don't know what the fuck is going on, so I am wondering if it is a virus or some shit, and has anyone else experienced this before ?

Are you properly saving your files before say, shutting down your computer? That could cause it, also, if you're not an administrator, that could also be the problem.

I don't know whats causing that but I'm 99% sure its not a virus. Not much help i know, but I've never heard of this happening before. After you compile inside PAWNO click File>save, might help you never know.

Hmm, well my computer does reboot by itself sometimes when multitasking from GTA to pawno when I am testing stuff on my server, I think its because my ram is fucked up lol, so that could also be why :/ But it is always compiled before I go in-game, which also saves it, so it shouldn't cut off half of the script. No it doesn't delete the changes, it deletes couple lines off the script lol

Are you saving it to a folder that may be actively written to?

What do you mean? I save it in my gamemodes folder.

Compilation got interrupted: either your PC froze, you closed the compiler in the middle of the work, etc.