Computer help..

This has nothing to do with samp.. But sort of could because it may fix my lag, aha.

I have a Dell Latitude E5400 laptop, sposed to be dual-core but my computer is picking it up as single core..

http://www.cmoullas.net/reviews/34-m...latitudereview

Theres a list of features, and it even says Dual core, but why does my computer and CPU-ID and bios picking it up as single? could any one help me?

Maybe your core is damaged, or doesn't run perfectly on your computer, or its just that your computer doesn't pick it up and put it to use.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Reload Windows, Same thing happened to me, reloaded windows and it was fixed.

@Haydn what do you mean "reload windows" My computer originally came with Vista Business ( Hate Vista ) so I switched to XP, not sure if I could Set Affinity on vista but, please haydn explain what you mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azzeto
Посмотреть сообщение
@Haydn what do you mean "reload windows" My computer originally came with Vista Business ( Hate Vista ) so I switched to XP, not sure if I could Set Affinity on vista but, please haydn explain what you mean.
I mean, Restore windows, Such as um, Reinstall it.

Or Simply rollback your computer. That is an inbuild feature Of vista/7

Reinstall using your installation disk that should have come with your computer. You could even have a defective computer!

What pathetic posts guys...Are you telling me if my Firefox won't open to reinstall Windows?

Here is what you do:

For Vista:
Go into the Start menu, and type "Run" in to the search box at the bottom of your Computer. Hit enter.
After the Run program opens, type in "msconfig" and hit enter. Go under the "Boot" tab, and click "Advanced Options"
In the Advanced Options menu, click on "Number of processors" and make sure it has a check mark. Then, take the drop down menu, and select "2". This will start Windows with 2 processors, not only speeding up your Computer, but it will start the processor immediately.

You see, when you have a Dual, or even Quad core Computer, Windows only uses the minimal amount of power required to start Windows, saving energy. Doing this will allow all the processors to start, and will stay on until your Computer is turned off.

For XP, you do the same thing, but "Run" should already be in your start menu.

Hmm format your pc, and install ubuntu.
That should fix it

Thanks for the responses guys, My computer came with vista but I put XP on it, Im going to try to put vista on it again to see if that works WTF is Ubuntu?