Modifications Forum

Ok, I know this forum is based of the SA:MP mod it's self.

No flaming please. Just wanted to suggest this.

Should the admins on the SA:MP forums add a Modifications Forum so people can release their mods, download mods and other stuff.

I think this would increase the activity on the forums.

....Increase the spam aswell =D

And yes, onto topic, I fully support you in this quest of yours!

Off Topic : This forum requires that you wait 120 seconds between posts. Please try again in 75 seconds.
Go fuck yourself .... -.-

I just thought this would be better cause the SA:MP Forums are popular and instead of having all these different sites with different mods, why not post them all on here? They would be easier to download and the creators would get more rep for their work.

Game mods aren't supported by SA-MP, other than the SA-MP mod itself. It should be kept this way - stock gameplay is fine and we don't need hundreds of threads complaining about having issues installing mods.

True Calg00ne and I know the mods aren't supported by SA-MP.

Just saying, it would bring a lot more people to these forums and would give the creators reputation more. Although you are right on people would be complaining about the mods and their issues, that would be a problem and I never thought of that.

Also would be easier to find mods.

I agree, but ONLY if for example you post a mod, and it waits for approval, so SA-MP team can see if it gives any unfair advantage/affects other players.

I am momently working on "New Funny Effects 2" mod, including Nyan Cat head moon (my profile pic in ******+, ty for invite Calg.) and dead fishes on the surface of the water. That mod doesn't affect other players, and it's awesome as hell. I will add some more stuff, then I'll realase it.

We have mod topics in AdrenalineX forum. There's one trick though, you can mod the cars, but the cars must maintain their handling and can't give you any advantages towards others. Also, this idea won't make it on this forum, just a head up.

Mean,that would require alot of the mods time, and may even require more mods.

Don't do this. If you want to have mods or release mods go to any site that supports mods, such as GTA Inside or GPM.

If you wanna release mods goto GTA Forums or GTAG and the stuff posted above.

Yes, this is a good idea It shows sa-mp's way of opening up the gaming on servers more freely

Hope this ends up like the reputation sugestion topic:P

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Hope this ends up like the reputation sugestion topic:P
I'm not sure if that's really a good idea.

SA-MP Forums is not a modding forum. It's a forum for SA-MP

True but it would inspire more and more people to learn modding, dont you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
True but it would inspire more and more people to learn modding, dont you think?
Nope.

Why would they learn to turn gold in crap? Makes no sense!

Why not?

But make it for custom objects also!

SA-MP does not support modding.
Alsoc, there are a lot of servers out there who prohibit mods that give you an unfair advantage. (This includes car mods, for example.)
If the SA-MP forums would be to advertise mods, some servers could become somewhat unplayable.

So yeah, I disagree.

Was my post removed? eh, well..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity
Посмотреть сообщение
SA-MP does not support modding.
Alsoc, there are a lot of servers out there who prohibit mods that give you an unfair advantage. (This includes car mods, for example.)
If the SA-MP forums would be to advertise mods, some servers could become somewhat unplayable.

So yeah, I disagree.
I agree with that, Thats why I'm asking for server mods.

> Connect to a server.
> Download Server Packages.
> Create the files clientside (in samp readable format).
> And boom you have things in your San Andreas given by the server.

This wouldn't create an "Unfair Advantage" for a certain player..
Because this is for general players...

Would make the Server Cool and SAMP more cooler..

Its an awesome idea but SA-MP Should stay the way it is , no Modifications forum needed.

It would be cool if SA-MP had mods that could be distributable by servers and then downloaded whenever you enter a server.

This could cause very slow connect times, so I suggest also adding the chance to select whether you want to download the extra mod files or not, so you can connect faster, or wait, and get the mods.

I thought that the extra SA-MP IMG files were a big step towards this, as, in the server's files we could possibly have a folder called 'modifications,' and inside we can put compiled IMG files that will be downloaded and put to use on connect just like the client side ones we have in 0.3c.

So yeah, I do not support this idea, but I do support server-distributable modifications.