SQLite vs MySQL

Hello, it's me again.
I've 2 questions today. I hope that someone will response.

#1. Which one is better: SQLite, or MySQL? I can not decide And is there possibility, to directly edit MySQL data? (I know how to edit sqlite data, cuz it saves in scriptfiles as "file.db"). What are differences between these both?

#2. Someone know, how can I connect with .php file from other FTP server to the .db on the server's FTP server?

Thanx

Lets

I heard MySQL is faster than SQLLite, but i don't really know why ...

Click here for MySQL v SQLite: Click me

Click here to your second question: Click me

Seriously, was it that hard to ****** search? Get good. lol

Quote:

Seriously, was it that hard to ****** search

Umm. Nothing ;P

Thanx for answer, hyhy.

SQLite is faster but local, MySQL is accessible from remote servers but not as fast.
Standard file writing is faster than both.

So what should you recommend to use (SQLite, MySQL or standard file system)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve M.
Посмотреть сообщение
So what should you recommend to use (SQLite, MySQL or standard file system)?
SQLite always, its a lot more reliable, with some experience you could make many stuff easier than a standard file system.

SQLite: easier to setup, great for testing databases, not so good for a large scale project, doesn't have many performance features, no user management.
MySQL: difficult to setup, great for large scale projects, can manage users, permissions etc.

If you're having a server with high traffic, go for MySQL.

MySQL hands down! MySQL is far better for big loads, its a hell of a lot easier to communicate with websites, and there is a threading feature. No matter how fast the alternatives are they dont offer threads, meaning the server is waiting on them to finish their job; MySQL on the other hand lets you thread queries so the server (this included synch) isnt waiting (a callback is called when the query is finished instead).

SQLite. You won't need half of what MySQL has to offer, other than the standard SQL syntax.