About server hosting

Okey, i wanted to ask exactly how much RAM, Internet upload speed, etc.. you need to host your
own SA:MP Server, just for intrest, im not going to host it will cost me to much.
i'v read on SA:MP wiki page that atleast 4mb upload speed, but how many slots will it hold if you have 4 mb upload speed?

I have 20KB/S Speed and it only can hold 10 players on lol Yours will hold 200+

Also, remember, that some Internet Providers dont allow you to host things such as Servers (against the TOS)

you had better to rent a server, because your electronic bill will be highter than the rent price

if you buy a starter vps, will be more cheap, and better just for 1 server(or more)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj101
Посмотреть сообщение
Also, remember, that some Internet Providers dont allow you to host things such as Servers (against the TOS)
It's nearly never agents the tos to host a server as long it's your own and non profit. The tos is there to prevent you to run a hosting company from home without paying for a business account. It's not there to stop you from having fun with your friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robanswe
Посмотреть сообщение
It's nearly never agents the tos to host a server as long it's your own and non profit. The tos is there to prevent you to run a hosting company from home without paying for a business account. It's not there to stop you from having fun with your friends.
I'm sure if you read the TOS it will tell you that using excessive bandwidth (aka. running a server) is prohibited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCop228
Посмотреть сообщение
I'm sure if you read the TOS it will tell you that using excessive bandwidth (aka. running a server) is prohibited.
I'm from Sweden not USA in Sweden all ips (Not mobile ofc) have unlimited bandwidth usage. All big ones anyway like Telia, Tele2 and brebandsbolaget. Also running a server doesn't need to take a lot of bandwidth if you have 100 mbit do you mean your not allowed to use 100 mbit for your ips? If so what a scam lols. It's just the businesses accounts that have restriction of bandwidth usage over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikito
Посмотреть сообщение
if you buy a starter vps, will be more cheap, and better just for 1 server(or more)
Have you ever tried to run even 1 active server on a "starter" VPS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLinx
Посмотреть сообщение
Have you ever tried to run even 1 active server on a "starter" VPS?
Actually, kikito is apparently running 7 servers on his "starter" VPS.

inb4 it fries after coping with 100000000 GF edit servers.