Is there community interest in a NoSQL DB Driver?

Hi All,

I've been considering porting hiredis (a minimal Redis C library/client) to a sa-mp plugin. At first I was thinking about doing it in pawn, using one of the socket plugins (just because the redis protocol is so simple).. however I decided there would probably be too much overhead, and I'd be better off just learning sa-mp's plugin architecture and writing a real plugin.

I'm just testing the waters here, not promising anything, but would anyone else be interested in using a DB Driver aside from sqlite or MySQL?

No, not really. I think SQLite and MySQL and flatfile INI are the only really file storage systems we need in SA-MP.

I think I'd have to agree with calg00ne. However on a side note, its nice to have multiple choices that suite your script best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calg00ne
Посмотреть сообщение
No, not really. I think SQLite and MySQL and flatfile INI are the only really file storage systems we need in SA-MP.
Pretty much said it all, additional DB types I believe will just create more clutter amongst releases and scripters than bring about any good really.