[DEBATE] Is it RP to use a hydra to stop a robbery?

Ok heres a weird debate that started about an hour ago on my Roleplay server...

I rob a bank with one other assailant, we run out of the bank to the armored truck (securicar) and we flee the cops. They then track us down with that non-rp detective job.... so as i take off with my dodo, i hear a hydra behind me where it then blows me up. And i don't get what i stole haha. But still.... When was the last time someone used a Military Jet to go after a robber who stole a civilian airplane?

RP or non-RP?

pawn Код:
When was the last time someone used a Military Jet to go after a robber who stole a civilian airplane?
You can RP anything you want with no limit as long as you don't break the server rules.

It's RP.
But in real life they'd maybe use a jet only to force the robber to land.
Not to shoot him up.

That wouldn't make sense, since they want the stuff back that the robber stole I guess.

That sounds more reasonable. But yes we did conclude on it is RP within our server. This just confirms it. Thanks Guys.

If the robbers stole a civilian jet, military would be joined in HOWEVER they would not have any kind of permission to shot due:
What if there was a civilian inside.
If the plane would crash in a city? casualties?

It is RP to follow and tell him to land but not to shot.

*facepalm*

Like anyone REALLY see's robbers getting taken out with explosive warhead weapons...

That is indeed Non-RP, Hell funny though if you see it like that though.

One time, at the bank, there were these guys robbing, and I got taken hostage. For the sake of RP, I consent to this OOCly, and just sit watching the events unfold. I was on the radio getting negotiators in (Saying that it was them talking) Next thing, one guy came in to "talk" then minute later he went out, next thing all PD come in, and kill everyone.

The players didn't mind at all, But really, When a police officer is capturing someone, They need to capture them, Not kill them.

Lethal force is something that you have to ask a higher command for in the first place.

It is not proper RP as they used /find, in my opinion that should be removed off all RP servers -.- It's MG .... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miralem
Посмотреть сообщение
It is not proper RP as they used /find, in my opinion that should be removed off all RP servers -.- It's MG .... -.-
/find isn't metagaming, the player deciding to abuse it in that manner is metagaming.

Metagaming is USING the info.

Besides, EVERYBODY ALWAYS say the cops metagame by using /find when they've been found. I doubt it would be hard to spot a light plane taking off...

It's rare to find a run-of-the-mill criminal with airplane experience, it's hard to claim what is or isn't RP in that situation as it's a rare occurance if it has ever happend before at all. I guess their first step would be to inform the FFA (Federal Flight Association) where they would then keep track of the plane. It is unwise and dangerous to pursue a flying vehicle. A smart move would be to just sit back and wait for the plane to land when it runs out of fuel then apprehend the suspect.

This would nake for boring gameplay, but it's realistic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sew_Sumi
Посмотреть сообщение
/find isn't metagaming, the player deciding to abuse it in that manner is metagaming.

Metagaming is USING the info.

Besides, EVERYBODY ALWAYS say the cops metagame by using /find when they've been found. I doubt it would be hard to spot a light plane taking off...
It is metagaming and here is why:
Lets say in RL i am an detective, i need to find a robber i cant just do somthing like /find and then just say like:
"He is at there and there! Quick get a hydra to bomb his ass down!"