Idea Stealing?

Okay so. Some guy comes into my server and tells one of my admins to kill him. So he does. Then I ask why? Then he says "Cuz I want to suggest it to my server".

WOW. Then after I had a big argument which ended him up in a range-ban. Why do people steal ideas for? why?..

Why people steal ideas for? Because people like to make their own things. You can't really stop a person from stealing an idea. Just like saying "Why are you eating pizza tonight. That was my idea!".

A wise SA-MP Person once told me...

"You cannot steal ideas, only code."

That's true because if you don't know what to do with what you've stole, well you're on your own :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pghpunkid
Посмотреть сообщение
"You cannot steal ideas, only code."
Yeah, but there's a thin line between getting ideas and impudently copying something (eg. copying maps, some ppl laughed at me about ranting about this some time ago but guess what, the copycat's host account has been suspended for that, what a shame)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiDok
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah, but there's a thin line between getting ideas and impudently copying something (eg. copying maps, some ppl laughed at me about ranting about this some time ago but guess what, the copycat's host account has been suspended for that, what a shame)
And at some point someone will notice they are 'stealing' ideas, or copying others, but that doesn't mean they are stealing your creation. How it functions is whats important. Eventually 'idea theives' will get found out and wont be paid any attention to. I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Sometimes it just happens randomly too. I may be working on a project while someone else on SA-MP is doing the same thing, without either of us knowing we are doing the same.. but thats different than what we are talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postalityjr
Посмотреть сообщение
Okay so. Some guy comes into my server and tells one of my admins to kill him. So he does. Then I ask why? Then he says "Cuz I want to suggest it to my server".

WOW. Then after I had a big argument which ended him up in a range-ban. Why do people steal ideas for? why?..
Copyright noob. Learn it. Get it. Enforce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_Griffiths
Посмотреть сообщение
Copyright noob. Learn it. Get it. Enforce it.
Lol, and what if another guy comes and tells you that he's gonna steal your idea? Call the police with the message 'a guy on a game called SA:MP' violated your copyrights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Danny-
Посмотреть сообщение
Lol, and what if another guy comes and tells you that he's gonna steal your idea? Call the police with the message 'a guy on a game called SA:MP' violated your copyrights?
Well here in Holland you can! They will say: "We will go after it". Then they just pretent to type something loudly on their computer hang up and go on with their work.

Anyway:
I guess there is not much you can do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsomeguy
Посмотреть сообщение
Well here in Holland you can! They will say: "We will go after it". Then they just pretent to type something loudly on their computer hang up and go on with their work.

Anyway:
I guess there is not much you can do.
I lol'd at this haha.