People say it's not a DDoS, I don't think so.

My server was getting spammed with:
Код:
[23:28:10] Packet was modified, sent by id: 23, ip: CENSORED
and that spam was going on for 30 minutes, server lagged hardly, everyone left (from 50 to 0 players). Unable to connect for some time, while server was still running.
Dugi said it's nothing to be worried about, but NO ONE was timing out at the moment, and no one would have issues for 30 minutes.
I think this was a DDoS, opinions?

I don't think it was a DDoS.
I think it was an attack though. You should contact your server host if they caught any connections.

Yeah you got ddosed... Lul people are noobs just contact your server provider they will fix it. Btw whats your server?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrminecraft202
Посмотреть сообщение
Yeah you got ddosed... Lul people are noobs just contact your server provider they will fix it. Btw whats your server?
I didn't know that DDoS attacks were able to see in your server logs ? 0_0
I think it was an attack from the inside if you know what I mean.

People can still attack/ddos using the hacking program for gta (******) you can send packets while ingame.. Still called a ddos

I use a dedicated hosting. I will add banip when I am sure it was a DDoS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrminecraft202
Посмотреть сообщение
People can still attack/ddos using the hacking program for gta (******) you can send packets while ingame.. Still called a ddos
Hmm. If you got attacked from the inside with a DDOS you can track his IP. I think you can see who has sended this packages?
There are many programs where you can hide your ip. But this will also slow down your internspeed by 70% or something which means it's really difficult to ddos.

The hack is ment to be called s o b e i t ... But yeah they can send packets using it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean
Посмотреть сообщение
I use a dedicated hosting. I will add banip when I am sure it was a DDoS.
Trust me. If you tracked an IP of a target that did this. Ban him.

Its obv that he is a noob. He could have changed his IP but im pretty still you can track it down