PHP teacher...

How can you have "learned" a language? To have "learned" something suggests knowing everything about it, I find it surprising that many people here claim they have "learned" PAWN. Even Y_Less hasn't "learned" PAWN, he's finding out new things all of the time about the language, so he is always learning, just like every coder in the world, they are always learning, that is the nature of programming/scripting languages. There is no completion or finishing line to knowledge of a language.

Anyway as to the point of this topic, just begin learning it yourself, view tutorials online, learn the general aspect of coding and so on. Also for someone who claims to have "learned" PAWN, you shouldn't be so clueless about PHP. Once you learn the fundamentals of programming/scripting, then most languages are easy to pickup and start learning.

PHP is easy i learned it from someone in my class try to google or read books (But remember you never learn something out off books you need to do) So take like a simple script and modify this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
View Post
How can you have "learned" a language? To have "learned" something suggests knowing everything about it, I find it surprising that many people here claim they have "learned" PAWN.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsbon1
View Post
PHP is easy i learned it...
Lol'd
however, thenewboston got best tutorials, but they are video-tutorials.

Let me give you an example.
I didn't knew any shit in PHP. I downloaded a project of a website which contained a PHP file. Trust me, I had no idea how I'd understand it so fast. I got that very fast, it's easy, try this out!

PHP is easy i learned it... My mistake hahaha. but you should try out some projects if you dont know where to start just give it some shots make firs tsome basic things like a login and register system. POST METHOD > MYSQL Needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaTochNietDan
View Post
How can you have "learned" a language? To have "learned" something suggests knowing everything about it, I find it surprising that many people here claim they have "learned" PAWN. Even Y_Less hasn't "learned" PAWN, he's finding out new things all of the time about the language, so he is always learning, just like every coder in the world, they are always learning, that is the nature of programming/scripting languages. There is no completion or finishing line to knowledge of a language.

Anyway as to the point of this topic, just begin learning it yourself, view tutorials online, learn the general aspect of coding and so on. Also for someone who claims to have "learned" PAWN, you shouldn't be so clueless about PHP. Once you learn the fundamentals of programming/scripting, then most languages are easy to pickup and start learning.
I would say that if you have "learned" a language, then you know how to use it, and maybe a little more. It's different from "mastering" a language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsbon1
View Post
but you should try out some projects if you dont know where to start just give it some shots make firs tsome basic things like a login and register system. POST METHOD > MYSQL Needed.
That's what most people do (and where the most security issues appear) instead of reading and learning the basics/standards of PHP at first. You should learn how to secure and structure your code (e.g. with includes, classes (OOP)) instead of heading straight to MySQL/SQLite/PostgreSQL or whatever.

Alright thank you guys!