How to get more players?

Well, ive got an server. I wont advertise. But since today were are in the hosted tab, but our record of players is just 17 players online. I have added the server on gamemonitor and we made some trailers. But still, people are not interested or something? :S

We know we got a good server, but players dont come.

How do some server get so many players, since our server is many better?
Please give me some tips

Try getting some friends to try bringing their friends to your server and perhaps get affiliated with a clan or two. That should get you some more players. You also have to take into account whether your server seems appealing to the players. For example, you can't have a Grand Larceny type gamemode and expect to have a lot of players.

DO NOT advertise as it makes your server look very n00b and the more n00b your server looks, the less likely it is that players will join it.

^Advertising is not for noobs.
A good script where players have fun is the best way. They will talk to their friends and tell them about the server. Make sure that there allways is something fun to do i the server.

How should i advertise?

More players will see your advertisement and maybe join.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerdinho8
View Post
How should i advertise?
Perhaps make a video or make an actual advertisement on the forum. If you're making a forum advertisement then make sure you post neat features about your gamemode and maybe include one of the videos that you made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sim_sima
View Post
^Advertising is not for noobs.
When I said advertise, I meant getting on someone else's server and spamming the hell out of it with your IP. Sorry if I was unclear about what I was saying.

Use your friends as the advantage to get members, If its a good script they will pass it along to people they know play the game. Also having someone help you with the advertisments wouldn't hurt to have, another thing make a video of your server.

Ive tried all of these things but still i dont have many players

no offence but its because your server is kinda buggy.. i went on it and i kept getting glitched in objects and stuff..

Can you be specific? Wich object, wich mission?

Donya is right, Your server is buggy, laggy and yo have to make it bigger to cach more ''fish''.
You don't even have a help cmd?
I askes like 6 times for one but nodbody helped me.
Try to make your server better before you get on the hosted tab

Quote:
View Post
Well, ive got an server. I wont advertise. But since today were are in the hosted tab, but our record of players is just 17 players online. I have added the server on gamemonitor and we made some trailers. But still, people are not interested or something? :S

Please give me some tips
it's all about wich server is the oldest , example i saw many servers 10000 much better LS-RP one of the RP servers wich have the highest number of players , and they wont join the otehrs because they have old and very experienced players , so it's very hard , only thing you can do is do the PERFECT! map + script
that's my own point of view

Add stuff no other server have, and maybe a movie or two?
Friends always help

And don't just copy the ideas from other servers, make your server unique!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc.vdwerf
View Post
Donya is right, Your server is buggy, laggy and yo have to make it bigger to cach more ''fish''.
You don't even have a help cmd?
I askes like 6 times for one but nodbody helped me.
Try to make your server better before you get on the hosted tab
I will make a help command.
But how you do mean buggy and laggy?
What bugs?

The skin selection menu doesnt even show the skins...

Quote:
View Post

Please give me some tips
1: make easy and much commands 2: make good rulez and keep it 3: make one good website 4: make 1 good game and wait for ppl.

Make video.. Fix more factions, add unique stuff that no other server got

Have a link to your server in your signature, maby when you click onto your gamemoniter link they go to your server website.

Invite your friends, put your server logo in your sig, make more cooler videos and post them here on samp forums.etc