How to get more players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genious
View Post
Make video.. Fix more factions, add unique stuff that no other server got
Factions?

Advise..its not for nobos or..
Try To Get like over 4 players..Freinds or whatever..when ppl see ur ad and See someplayers they will log And Check it out.... untill u get alot of ppl

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerdinho8
I wont advertise
Advertise as much as you can, as many places as you can.
The more players hear about your server, the more players will join.

So ive got to spam other servers, lol?

Your forum sucks, and is as slow as hell. You are not even using a proper domain name/webhosting.

Were getting domain soon.

You should give up and close the server now, your server isn't going anywhere (sarcasm)!

A lot of times, players can be turned off if things seem unprofessional or stupid upon entry into a server. I am like those people, if things are spelled wrong, horrible English grammar is used by system messages and of course, the administration team is made up of idiots, I usually leave within seconds. I would try making the entrance into the server more appealing, if it isn't already. Otherwise, try searching and asking your server's players to bring their friends online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geerdinho8
View Post
So ive got to spam other servers, lol?
No, of course not.

How to make my server look more proffesional then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCheriyan007
View Post
Try getting some friends to try bringing their friends to your server and perhaps get affiliated with a clan or two. That should get you some more players. You also have to take into account whether your server seems appealing to the players. For example, you can't have a Grand Larceny type gamemode and expect to have a lot of players.

DO NOT advertise as it makes your server look very n00b and the more n00b your server looks, the less likely it is that players will join it.
That is most likely the 'key to success'.
Affiliation, sponsorship ( I personally try to have sponsorship and partnerships) and yeah, inviting your friends.
I remember when I was recruiting beta testers, I used to say 'If 2 or more members can have fun, more will join eventually', that applies to any server, and it has sense, right?

- Addicting server.
- Hosted tab.
- Good reputation.
- Player friendly.
- Friends invite friends.
- Promotional videos.

- Unusual gamemode
- Good familiarity
- Good Host
- Good and daily events
- Very good admins work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomboeg
View Post
- Addicting server.
- Hosted tab.
- Good reputation.
- Player friendly.
- Friends invite friends.
- Promotional videos.
+

Quote:
Originally Posted by zp42O
View Post
- Unusual gamemode
- Good familiarity
- Good Host
- Good and daily events
- Very good admins work.
Enuff' said.

lol this thread is old and his server doesnt run anymore.. nuff said

It's simple, close all rp servers and restore they brains to state from before playing rp.