scripting time possiblities

Is it or is it not possible to make a good working script around 12 hours?

Well, depends if you are a really good scripter or not and it also depends on the type of gamemode. TDM's / DM's are easy to make but other scripts like roleplay or stunt scripts take time.

for a roleplay server.

No, it's not. A roleplay gamemode from scratch would take a large amount of time, especially if it's worth a shit and is not fully bugged.

I agree with TheKiller.
For simple TDM Gamemodes, it takes less time comparing to Roleplay or Stunts.

For Roleplay, it depends upon the diffrerent types of roles/jobs you will script.
Even for a Very Good scripter, it will take much time to make/debug/add stuff in RP GMs.

Depends on the length, and type, and odds are if you are trying to make quality, you wouldn't want it done in 12 hours, you'd debug it and make everything work as efficient as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakr
View Post
No, it's not. A roleplay gamemode from scratch would take a large amount of time, especially if it's worth a shit and is not fully bugged.
He never said anything about RP.

It is possible to make a good script. For example, something like the rivershell script (gamemodes folder) can be scripted within 12 hours yet is fun to play (Though most people here think that the more amount of lines the bigger their penis is.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiddos
View Post
He never said anything about RP.
Yes he did check 3rd reply.

You could make a TDM under 12 hours, by just adding teams, weapons and positions at spawn, and maybe already done maps. About RPs: I think it's impossible to make a good RP within 12 hours.

NVM that RP part of mine, I'm an idiot.

It's practically impossible to create a roleplay server in under 12 hours. Being able to create a decent server in a week from scratch is already hard.