[Plugin] Socket plugin (v0.2b released)

Fixed version of socket.so , including linked libraries and fixed libcrypto bugs(static)

Special thanks to zlaajaa92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeitY
Посмотреть сообщение
Fixed version of socket.so , including linked libraries and fixed libcrypto bugs(static)
Can you upload the source? (GitHub for example)

and/or share a fork of the source with the new updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaperstone
Посмотреть сообщение
Can you upload the source? (GitHub for example)

and/or share a fork of the source with the new updates?
well its a source of -> https://github.com/pBlueG/Socket

just compiled with linked libraries and those annoying erros removed

I changed the web-host to the site and now not work sockets. (Web host has sockets libraries installed and enabled.)

socket_connect($socket, '195.178.12.2', '7778');

195.178.12.2 = Site IP. (Do I have to cross the site's IP or Server IP?)
7778 = PORT Socket.

I do not know what to fill in to IP and port.

Thanks for reading.
Have a nice day everyone.
Sorry for my english.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KessMan
Посмотреть сообщение
I changed the web-host to the site and now not work sockets. (Web host has sockets libraries installed and enabled.)

socket_connect($socket, '195.178.12.2', '7778');

195.178.12.2 = Site IP. (Do I have to cross the site's IP or Server IP?)
7778 = PORT Socket.

I do not know what to fill in to IP and port.

Thanks for reading.
Have a nice day everyone.
Sorry for my english.
You must use your server's IP address:
socket_connect($socket, 'SERVERIP', '7778');

SOLVED

I\'ve always wondered, whats an example of usage of this plugin? I\'m not talking some small 10-liner include snippet.. like give me an example that would be a crucial/vital part of a gamemode; that relies on sockets. Not criticizing.. just very interested in this plugin & its potential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaprnks
View Post
I\'ve always wondered, whats an example of usage of this plugin? I\'m not talking some small 10-liner include snippet.. like give me an example that would be a crucial/vital part of a gamemode; that relies on sockets. Not criticizing.. just very interested in this plugin & its potential.
Send chat from in-game to your website in real time, send location from in-game to your server and using this info you can create a real-time map.

you can create real-time real-estate or something like that.

you can as well create a control panel as an app or web app that would actually do things without getting in-game (i.e. kick the player when you ban him from the control panel, destroy/create properties etc)

socket v0.1b? That dont want libeay32.dll ? is someone have it?

I don't encourage anyone to use this plugin if you want it to be reliable. This code is poorly written and has no socket error checking at all, if I recall correctly there was a case where a socket would timeout and the recv function keeps returning -1 and an error is stored in WSAGetLastError/errno but this plugin doesn't check it at all and starts an infinite loop thinking it's constantly receiving data.