I don't know what to do

Hi guys.My friend has a SAMP server.There was some Scripter who scripted for my friend.That guy scripted for a while.Than my friend trusted him and gave him the script.And that guy buyed himself a server and he put that script we have on his server.So we don't know now what to do.How to remove that script from his server.Becouse we've scripted almost all server.Any idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie_Jones
Посмотреть сообщение
Hi guys.My friend has a SAMP server.There was some Scripter who scripted for my friend.That guy scripted for a while.Than my friend trusted him and gave him the script.And that guy buyed himself a server and he put that script we have on his server.So we don't know now what to do.How to remove that script from his server.Becouse we've scripted almost all server.Any idea?
I've had the same related problem 1 year ago.

All I can say eat the pain. Screw that **** person and rebuild an even better gamemode.
Also hope you learned the same as me to not Trust ANYONE on the INTERNET.

I know how you feel bro

Yes but we can't make new script now :S That script that we have was made for 6 months.So we just can't make new one...It's a lot of time :S

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Yes but we can't make new script now :S That script that we have was made for 6 months.So we just can't make new one...It's a lot of time :S
Don't tell me you didn't backup your files on your own computer..
If so then that's a 2nd thing you've learned.

Backup the files so you'll always have something if you loose your recent scripts.

Ofc we have backup from the script but we don't want that someone else has our script on his server -.- And i'm warning all Members here.That Scripter is here on this forum.So don't trust him very much!

Quote:
Посмотреть сообщение
Ofc we have backup from the script but we don't want that someone else has our script on his server -.- And i'm warning all Members here.That Scripter is here on this forum.So don't trust him very much!
This warning doesn't help as theres thousands of scripters on this forum.
Well, if script wasn't copyrighted, and you gave it for your free will, theres nothing you can do.

i see 2 things which can happen.. both lead to the same conclusion:

1) if his server (running your gamemode) fails, then its a good indicator that your script is not that good as you expected - players will not play there - waht to do?
... improve the (bad?) script, to make it enjoyable.

2) if his server succeeds, then its a prove that your script is attracting players. as soon the fact spreads around that you are still scripting on it, will let players decide to join YOUR original version which gets updated all time - what to do?
... improve the (good obvisously) script to become even better!

dont give up! keep scripting and you will get rewarded by a populated server. thats a really hard challenge btw... but its worth the effort. good luck!