Arduino Speedometer

check out my arduino speedometer! i thought i'd share it

look at the bottom left!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXo6vIQNZg0[/ame]

this is how it works:
1. a filterscript saves the speed (in km/h) to a text file
2. a batch file is repeatedly run to send the text file through a serial port to my arduino
3. my arduino then displays it on its two seven segment displays!

future improvements: more digits!

I big WOW Nicely made...

say wooot xD Awesome work dude :d

Pretty neat project there!
TBH, I have no idea of what shall I do with my arduino... :X

Accessing a file that many times per second (to make it smoother then it is) could lag the server.
If you know how to make this be sent to the serial port ( i don't) you could try using some tool to see what
memory part the speed (in SA) is stored in, and make an .exe send that to ur serial port instead.

First i thought you don't know how to use a GameRecorder so your recording your gameplay with a cellphone ,lol ).
A BIG NICE FROM ME !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkizzoTrick
Посмотреть сообщение
First i thought you don't know how to use a GameRecorder so your recording your gameplay with a cellphone ,lol ).
A BIG NICE FROM ME !
Same took me a while to notice the arduino

Although it's nicely done

Very nice work. Now make me a virtual robot chick?

thanks for all your feedback!
yeah im sorry about that poor video, i made a new one, check out the first post. hopefully it is more obvious now. i also managed to get the numeric value to increase and decrease by intervals of 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garber
Посмотреть сообщение
Accessing a file that many times per second (to make it smoother then it is) could lag the server.
If you know how to make this be sent to the serial port ( i don't) you could try using some tool to see what
memory part the speed (in SA) is stored in, and make an .exe send that to ur serial port instead.
sounds interesting. however (in the latest video) the speed is only being saved/updated twice per second! the arduino handles the +1 and -1 increments.

let me know what you guys think, and any cool ideas you have

Very nice.
I have a suggestion for you.

If you own your own server, anyway.
If a player cheats, it displays the message on the screen with ip addres, player nickname, and how did he cheat?
So looks like this:

214.6.124.64 || Mark_Weston || Money Hacking

suggestion, only if you have a big server ;p